❆ chapter twenty-eight

The plan was aborted as soon as Haechan closed the door to the room that he lead them into

"Why are you acting like this?" He stared at Hyerim, arms folded, leaning against the closed door.

"I don't know what you mean," she firmly stated, trying to keep her ground despite the alcohol from the beer coursing through her system.

Haechan sighed. "This." He gestured towards her in an effort to prove his point, and of course Hyerim knew what he meant, but she chose to turn her head, to not make eye contact with him, to do what she had to do and get the hell out of here.

"You're not even looking at me. Look at me, Hyerim." He made a move to step forward, arms stretched forward like he was about to sweep her into his arms, but he stalled, retracting them towards his chest instead like she had just stabbed him.

She didn't respond.

"Say something, please." There was almost a pleading tone in his voice.

"I don't know what you want me to say, Haechan. You ask me to come find you on your birthday, then you ignore me for the whole night, only for me to find you making out with someone. I don't know what you want me to say," she reinstated, shaking her head and turning to look at him finally. His expression was anguished, brows furrowed as he tucked his bottom lip between his teeth, eyes searching hers for something that she wasn't sure about.

Haechan was the one who broke the silence. "It was a mistake."

Hyerim immediately let out a soft scoff of disbelief. "Of course you say that now," she shook her head. "I don't know what else I expected from you. You left me for the whole night, Haechan." She ran a hand through her hair, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "And I waited for you, I really did. I waited for you, and then I went to find you because it had been hours, and there you were."

Hyerim knew she sounded bitter, and jealous, and petty. But she couldn't help it.

"I'm sorry," he said softly, taking cautious steps towards where she was seated on the bed as if Hyerim would fall apart and disintegrate if he moved too quickly. "I'm sorry," he repeated, but she shook her head.

"I thought it was obvious that I still liked you," she mumbled, not really processing what she was saying, looking down towards her lap. She was unaware that Haechan had halted in his steps, blinking rapidly.

"What?"

"Nothing. Get out, I want to sleep."

"No, what did you say?" Haechan snapped out of his daze, marching over quickly to the bed, sitting down and grabbing her hand. "Repeat that for me."

"Get out."

"Not until you repeat what you said before."

Hyerim huffed loudly, wrenching her hand out of his grasp and standing up from the bed in one movement. "I said I still like you. Do you understand now? I said I still fucking like you."