May tomorrow begin like a dream?

The next morning I woke up with a thousand thoughts and questions that overwhelmed my mind. I was perfectly aware that it was Jake who texted me last night. But what troubles me most is what he'd have done today. Something so bad that he apologized to me the day before. I wonder how far he can get.

After all, yesterday's event is without doubt the closest and most horrifying threat we could receive. Sunoo was shattered, he didn't expect such a heavy blow, and neither did Heeseung and I. This ruthless killer has involved numerous innocent people killing them just to get to us and scare us.

I was afraid of losing those I loved. We feared that he would soon finish this series of crimes and get rid of us too, leaving no trace of himself. This person must have such a great mind to escape the police so well. But the perfect crime doesn't exist, I'm sure that sooner or later he'll be driven out and will receive the punishment he deserves.

I looked to my right and saw only Sunoo sleeping with wet eyes, Heeseung wasn't there. I sat down abruptly, but I calmed down when I heard the water rustling in the shower. I reached him in my bathroom and closed the door cuz I didn't want to wake Sunoo while I was talking to Heeseung.

«Hey Heeseung»

«Sunghoon! You scared me»

«Sorry princess»

«Don't be a fool»

«Why did you get up so early?»

«Well, because I have to go to school, today is Monday, isn't it? Ain't you coming?»

«To leave Sunoo home alone? No, no, I'm not going to school today, I'm staying home with him. You should too, Heeseung. We are in a very critical phase of this situation. You could put yourself in danger simply by going to school»

«However, in theory, he acts after midnight, so by day the risk is less»

«That's true but, Heeseung, I beg you to be careful»

«Yes, Sunghoon, I hope I don't get killed»

«I'll make your breakfast»

«Thanks Sunghoonie, I'll be there in five minutes»

I went downstairs and, while Heeseung finished showering and getting dressed, I cooked him breakfast, with my thoughts that gave me no respite. I felt that a tragedy was really going to happen today, like Jake's message said.
A couple of minutes later Heeseung came in and I sat with him, eating something off his plate.

«Sunghoon, are you feeling good? You seem rather silent»

I sighed anguished.

«I have a very bad premonition»

I told him about the messages Jake sent me, and I confessed my concerns about it.

«It's definitely intricate, and that scares me a lot. I won't be out for long, I'll be home in five hours. Wait for me, Sunghoon»

I followed him to the door, I didn't want to let him go. I held his face in my hands and kissed him. This kiss was strange. I tried to silence my thoughts, but they pushed me to believe it was the last. After kissing, I kept him in a tight hug.

«Heeseung, please, pay attention. And if anything happens to you, know that I'll come to save you, I'll do everything for you»

He looked me in the eye, there were a few inches between us. He gave me a gentle kiss first on the forehead and then on the lips. Thinking it was the last time I could taste them was tearing me apart.

«You too, Sunghoon. See you soon»

I watched him until I could no longer see him in the distance. Then I went back into the house and closed the door behind me. I started crying in silence, terrified. It was then that, lifting my head a little, I saw Sunoo just down the stairs and ran towards me hugging and crying.