𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍

༘⋆↪𝐈.
ROMANCE DAWN !
────────────

────

SAND . . . . that was the only thing you felt between your fingers which could only mean one thing- stranded is what you were. weirdly enough you can't- can't remember what happened. everything just felt like a blur flying past, one second you were on a ship before being thrown overboard- and of course tortured just a bit.

slowly opening your eyes a slight grunt escapes you, the sky was grey like it's always been sometimes . . . . sometimes.

while sitting up you feel the wind blowing against your face, your hair was dampened completely due to falling overboard and into the ocean and a little scar was on your cheek which was still fresh and new.

feeling nothing but pain you sat up fully now- and once you looked down you saw a hook in your leg, panic immediately started to become an overwhelming feeling for you.

Looking around you desperately search for anything that would quiet your wails of pain . . . . and luckily a wooden spoon was just inches from your reach.

Let's not mention what a wooden spoon is doing all the way out here on the beach- in the sand. pretty confusing but at least it's something to use.

The worst part about this whole situation is the fact that you don't have a voice to use, taken away from you too soon . . . . and that being yourself to blame- but what's gonna change? not a thing if you continue to blame yourself.

Grabbing the hook and throwing the wooden spoon somewhere into the water- oh man, hopefully the fishes were okay . . . . that was a pretty heavy spoon.

there was a small tattoo on your wrist which was hot to the touch, when did you get this? you don't remember, but it'll take time to reminisce about everything in just a day.

but right now you have to get this hook out of your leg- it'll only get infected and bleed out more the longer it stays.

so without any hesitation you yank the hook out of your leg, a single tear falls from your eye from the pain but of course you can't forget- your bones are like steel, if it had hurt that much you'd be sobbing and everything but it barely did anything.

But, the only thing that truly did save you that day?

his voice, just . . . him.

"Hey! need help?" looking up you saw the one person who actually had enough decency to care about you and ask if you needed help.

you've never once heard that word in your life or ever received it, there's so much you don't even know about the world after being isolated for years- but you knew once you took a glance at him- he'd show you.

"My name's Luffy, what's yours?" he asks as he kneels down to your level, this only takes you by surprise as he begins looking down at your injured leg, "oof, that looks pretty bad. here," he pulls out some bandages.

You stared at him with curiosity and scanned his whole face, he raised an eyebrow as he glanced at you. "how long have you been out here?" he asks.