𝐈𝐗. 𝗔 𝗠𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

༘⋆↪𝐈𝐗.
A MOMENT !
────────────
{IMPORTANT NOTE: pov has changed and may go back to 1st pov in later chapters!! also just realized you guys never got that fluff scene I promised between reader and nami, but promise it WILL be in this chapter}

NOTE: sorry for the slight hiatus, been busy. but I plan to finish this book :) !! I know you guys are mad :/ so that's why I'm releasing 3 or four chapters today !!!

[Name] stares out the window with a tired look, their eyes drooping from time to time. Nami knocks on their door and peeks inside, seeing them in their normal clothes once again. "Hey..everything alright?" Nami asks while sitting next to them.

Instead of answering [name] just turns away from her with a slight saddened look on their face, "I'm fine. you should get some sleep..don't worry about me." they tell her without looking at her.

Nami decides to ask the question she's been wanting to ask for so long— too long actually. "What's your opinion on love?"

[Name] doesn't say anything for a long minute, they opened their mouth to speak but closed it again— before finally answering; "it's..it's not my thing." they tell her.

Nami bites the inside of her cheek and follows [name]'s gaze towards the stars, seeing the distant look in their eyes. "you wanna know what I think? I think you're afraid of loving. thinking whomever you love may disappear in a second– or vanish. you have a dark past I'm guessing? something.. something that made you hate love so much?" she assumes.

[Name] shakes their head while clicking their tongue, eyebrows creasing and leaning their cheek against their hand, maybe that was the truth? they can't stand love cause something happened?

"It's not that. it's complicated to say. stop trying to figure me out nami." [Name] replied a little harshly but it didn't seem to bother nami one bit, she leans her shoulder against [name]'s.

"It's not what I'm trying to figure out; it's what I already know. I mean..it's kinda obvious— the way you push everyone away? it shows. I just wanna let you know," nami places her hand on [name]'s, interlacing their fingers together. "I'm here for you. okay? anything you wanna talk about, I'm here."

Finally, for once— [name] looks at nami with a smile. happy for her being here, "thank you nami." they whispered, looking into her eyes.

For a minute everything seemed to go silent as they stared into each other's eyes, nami glances down at [name]'s lips for a second— a second longer. the two of them seemed so hesitant to lean a little closer towards one another.

Then they both wrapped each other in a tight hug, [name] had their head buried in the crook of her neck. Nami rubs gentle circles in their back reassuringly.

"Hey..when did you get these grey streaks in your hair? you look old." Nami says jokingly while lightly nudging [name]'s shoulder.

[Name] gasps softly before pursing their lips and gently nudging nami's shoulder also, "callin' me old or something?" they questioned with a chuckle.

"What? no! I'm serious! that looks really badass." Nami said while she starts to giggle, [name] eyebrows furrow before they roll their eyes playfully.

"Yeah, yeah, okay whatever. let me just dye my whole hair grey while I'm at it, huh?" [Name] grinned while trying their best not to laugh.

Nami just stares at [name] until— they both burst out laughing, tackling each other in a hug once more.