𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 9 - 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂

A few months later...

Shim Suryeon's POV:

The preparations for me and Logan's wedding are going ahead as planned, We've already decided on the venue which will be at Logan's hotel, who'll be catering for the wedding which surprisingly turned out to be Lee Gyu Jin's Mom who is a  TV presenter and 5-star chef. 

She had heard the news about our wedding and as her daughter-in-law Go Sang Ah and her son Lee Gyu Jin as well as their son Lee Min Hyuk had been awful to us and Min Seol Ah she offered to cater for the wedding for free as an apology.

"Now we need to find someone who can do the music," I told Logan as I ticked off the venue and food off my list. 

Hearing this, Seok Hoon walked over to us. "Me and Bae Ro Na can do the music. She can sing some songs at the wedding and I can accompany her on piano." offered Seok Hoon. 

"But I was thinking of singing something at the wedding." said a voice. 

We turned around to see Min Seol Ah clutching a music note sheet.

"Why don't you both sing at the wedding?" asked Logan.

Seok Hoon bit his lip. "Bae Ro Na has no idea Min Seol Ah is alive," he admitted to Mom and Logan.

"Then we will explain to her what happened. And hopefully, Bae Ro Na will agree to sing with Min Seol Ah here," said Mom, calmly. 

Seok Hoon nodded then pulled out his phone. "I'll go call her right now." He said, walking off to call his girlfriend. 

Later that day...

Min Seol Ah's POV:

I paced around the room deep in thought. 

"Bae Ro Na, Bae Ro Na, Bae Ro Na.... where have I heard that name? I'm sure I heard it somewhere before.." I murmured to myself.

Suddenly, I had a flashback. The smashing of a vase, me repetitively thanking Oh Yoon Hee for saving me. Then hearing her murmuring under her breath: "You're the reason my Bae Ro Na couldn't get into Cheong A Arts High School. I just need to get rid of you, then they'll let her in..." 

Then she grabbed me by the shoulders, letting me fall off the Hera Palace balcony. My apple necklace was ripped off my throat. 

I gasped in shock from the flashback. "Bae Ro Na... is the daughter.... of Oh Yoon Hee... she tried to kill me... and now she's a primadonna?" I thought to myself.

Before I knew it, I had run to my Mom's room and was pounding my fists against the door. In alarm, my mom opened the door with a startled look on her face.

"Min Seol Ah?! Are you okay?" She asked, pulling me in a hug and shutting the door.

"Mom.. I can't meet Bae Ro Na... her Mom tried to kill me.. I'm scared." I stammered still shaking from shock. 

My mom stroked me tenderly. "Don't worry, her Mom died a long time ago... she'll never harm you again," she reassured me. 

I pulled away. "Really?" I asked with a whimper.

Mom nodded. "Really. I'll be there when you meet Bae Ro Na. I'll make sure nothing happens to you, okay?" she informed me. 

I nodded back. "Okay, thank you Mom for reasurring me. I feel much better now."

She beamed at me and stroked my hair. "Of course, I'll always be there for you Min Seol Ah," she said.

A few days later...

I spent the last few days in my room listening to the prima donna's music, I was in awe.

"She has such a beautiful voice, I can't believe I'll be meeting her today." I thought to myself. 

At that moment, my mom opened the door. "Min Seol Ah, Bae Ro Na is here. Come downstairs." said Mom. 

I walked with Mom downstairs to the hotel lobby where Bae Ro Na stood in a classy but expensive-looking outfit. I stood there staring, starstruck. 

Bae Ro Na was staring at me as well, but not in a look of starstruck. It was a look of shock. 

With all my courage, I greeted her. "Hi, I'm Min Seol Ah. It's nice to finally meet you Bae Ro Na." I said, holding out my hand to be shaken. 

Seeing this, Bae Ro Na quickly rubbed her eyes in disbelief. She then shook my hand and smiled. "It's very nice to finally meet you too," she replied. 

Mom put one hand on my hand shoulder, reminding me why we came to meet in the first place. I turned to Bae Ro Na and stopped shaking hands. 

"I was wondering if you'd like to sing with me at my mother's wedding?" I asked her, eyes shining.

Her eyes lit up. "I'd love to," said Bae Ro Na. 

My Mom beamed. "Let's go up to our hotel room, you guys can pick out a song in Min Seol Ah's room while I make you some sandwiches and tea." she insisted, pleased our meeting went well.

Bae Ro Na's POV:

I nodded in agreement and followed both of them to their hotel room. My eyes darted around the place. 

"Logan has such an incredible hotel, I can't believe my Mom worked with this man once. " I thought to myself.

I followed them into an elevator and watched Min Seol Ah twirl a strand of hair as we waited for the elevator to stop on the floor. 

"And I can't believe this whole time, she's been alive and held captive all this time." I thought to myself, remembering what Seok Hoon had told me a few days ago. 

Finally, we reached the top floor where Min Seol Ah led me to her room which had vases of flowers, a bed, and a piano tucked in one corner of the room with a picture of Min Seol Ah.

She opened one drawer to reveal a bunch of music sheets and gestured me to sit on the bed with her. 

I sat down as she leaned towards me showing me the sheets. "I noticed you sing these songs a lot at your concerts so I thought we could choose a few of these to sing at the wedding," she explained to me. 

I nodded. After quite some time choosing, we decided on Queen of the Night. "This was one of my mother's favorites. I remember your Mom watching me practice this for my exam while my Mom accompanied me on piano," I admitted to her. 

She smiled at me. "You're so incredibly lucky to have had an amazing singer as a Mom. I read an article that she was a ghost singer for one of the previous primadonnas." Min Seol Ah told me. 

I nodded. "Yeah, that was a long time ago. Anyways, shall we get to practicing?" I asked then turned to Seok Hoon who was at the door with a bashful, love-struck look on his face.

I beamed at him. "Seok Hoon! Perfect timing, could you accompany us on the piano?"

He beamed back. "Of course." He said as he went over to the corner and sat down.

Standing in front of the music stand with the Queen of the Night music sheet in front of us, Min Seol Ah and I started singing. To my surprise, she had such an angelic voice and she hit every note and wasn't out of tune at all. Our voices blended well together along with Seok Hoon accompanying on the piano. 

Once we had finished and the tinkling of the piano had faded, we turned around to hear whistling and clapping from Miss Shim and Logan Lee. 

"What a performance! You both sounded beautiful singing together," commented Logan, impressed with our duet. 

Shim Suryeon nodded in agreement. "I couldn't have put it better myself. I'm so lucky to have heard such an incredible performance from my talented daughter and an incredible primadonna." She complimented us. 

Putting an arm around Shim Suryeon, Mr Lee agreed. "We're in for a treat at the wedding," he said with a grin. 

𝑬𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 9