chapter three

Kaynah's POV

I've left Aisha's house and is now staying with Saratu(Amma) who is my dad's third wife. She's from Adamawa and so beautiful Masha Allah. But u know beauty of the face is different from beauty of the heart. As young as I am I've developed trust issues because to me all stepmothers are the same (wickedness) so.... I only mind my business. I always stay in my room and don't come out unless if food is ready and when my dad comes back from work to chat a little with him then call it a day.

After some months Amma started developing some harsh behaviours towards me sometimes talks indecently to me, she stops caring about me like she does but I don't give a damn about her shenanigans because I've gone through a lot in the past and I'm not ready to go through it again.

Sometimes been the only child in the family is so stressful especially when your leaving with stepmothers because they will try every possible way to erase your appearance just to have all the attention and house for themselves. I sometimes wish all that's been happening in my life is just a dream and I'm hoping to wake up because I'm seriously tired. Although I know I can't escape my destiny and have to be strong for myself.

At such a young age I've understood what LIFE means. Some children are leaving happily with there parents while I'm here suffering from a disease called "stepmothers" or is it that I'm not lucky. Life is just about patience. My mom always tells me that"when your facing difficulties in life always be patient and have faith in ALLAH because he's the only one who can solve all your problems and make you happy. Have patience my daughter,the good will always overcome the bad" her words always gives me confidence and courage to stand up for myself because she's the only person I love the most.

Leaving with Amma for 4yrs a lot has happened which is..... Amma gave birth to a bouncing baby boy. I was so happy that I finally got a brother and I wouldn't be so lonely, Aisha the woman who made my life a living hell is dead. Yes she's dead! I heard that my dad divorced her, she later got married for the second time which she got divorced again because she's is a barren.after a while,life became so hard for her because she's an orphan and has no one to cater for her needs she started prostituting as a job and was later diagnosed with HIV/AIDs. The disease caused her death.

I thank Allah for answering my prayers and for making her go through hardship in life because that's what she gets in return of what she did to me. No don't get me wrong I'm not that heartless but u know..... some things are bound to happen. In this 4yrs my dad even build us a nine bedroom apartment so we've moved there. Everything has changed except my relationship with Amma. She's always mocking and bragging to me that she's the mother to my father's heir. As of me I don't care about inheritance. I just want peace to reign in my life.

After two years,she later on gave birth to a baby girl but her actions towards me worsen as she now visit's Baba lawos(native doctors) just to destroy and tarnish the relationship between my dad and I. Amma always complain to my father that I disrespect her and I don't help her with the house chores. At first my dad doesn't pay a hid to all her lies towards me.

My father still gives me lots of attention and care because I'm his favourite child. You see ehh my dad is not the type of men who discriminate among his children. In some homes you'll see that the male child has more care and attention than the girl child which is not right for example some guys only cares about themselves and their well-being while some girl's care about the well-being of her parents, family and relatives because women are soft in the heart. That is why some men have to be very careful in choosing a wife then you the girl change your characters and you'll see good always coming your way.
______________________________________

Hey 👋 another chapter done💃!!!
Pls don't forget to VOTE, COMMENTS and SHARE
THANKS 😘