chapter five

Kaynah's POV

So.... that's all about my past experience which is unforgettable memories by me.

I've learnt so much lessons in my past life because some people come into our lives to teach us lessons and that's why we learn our mistakes from our past.

I've went through lots of depressions without anyone knowing or noticing about that because I'm an expert when it comes to hiding of feelings and I can say I'm very proud of myself because people don't deserve to know your weaknesses that is your secret and they can also take advantage of you.

Nevertheless I'm still pushing hard and convincing myself that I'm strong, I can do it and I can go through any hardship in life by the grace of Allah.

Suddenly I heard Amma shouting at me"stupid girl ain't I talking to you?" and I bowed my head to the title floor while i said"Amma I didn't hear that's why"

"How will you hear me when you're busy thinking of marriage??"Amma said with a smirk

I gasped upon hearing what she said and shook my head in negative.

"It's evident to me that you want to be married off so you better speak to your father before you bring shame into this family"Amma continued her words with so much venom

I raised an eyebrow and looked up to see her face in disgust and her eyes full of pure hatered for me.

"Ohh so it has now reached at a limit that you'll be looking into my eyes while I'm talking to you" Amma said with a scoff.

I now belowered my head to the title floor and kept mute because I know the consequences and also it won't end well between us because I've seen her shaking her waist and tapping her foot to show me that she's ready to pick up a fight with me while I don't give a damn.

I silently prayed in my heart for Allah to protect me from this evil being.

"Do u have any work for me?"I asked trying hard not to burst out of anger

"If I don't have work for you to do will you see me in your room talk less of seeing this your bratty self"Amma said raising her voice and shaking her waist so that I can hear the sound of her waist beads.

"Lol what is this woman trying to indicate, I think she must have forgotten that I also put on waist beads and the sound won't have any effects on me" I said silently to myself.

I opened my mouth to reply her by telling her that I'm not a brat but no words came out.

Scoffing loudly thinking that I'm scared of her and she has won she said"listen to me carefully, I'm going out and would not come back till night so you most cook, guard the house and take care of my children"

I nodded and asked her what I'll be cooking and her reply was"I don't care but make sure it matches my taste" that was her last word before she vanished.

Typical Amma always thinking that she's the boss lady to everyone. Actually I don't mind doing house chores because I wasn't born to be lazy. In fact, I find peace while doing it and Amma won't be there to torture my poor heart. I also find peace when cooking because Amma hates cooking and all house chores claiming that she's the boss lady so she can't clean a single thing in the house. So she allows me and the maids to do it all.

Yh we do have 3 maids. Sani whom is the oldest among them takes care of the garden and compound, Usman wash and iron clothes and lastly Sunday who sweeps and mop the house on weekdays. Yep there all males whom where hired by Amma saying that she prefer male maids so that no one will snatch away her husband.

After Amma left, I prayed then slept off and will be waking up in the evening because the kids are coming back by 5:00.

I woke up at exactly 3:30 prayed Salatul Asr and I headed my way downstairs to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

I decided to cook stew braised dumplings and soya milk drink for I, my siblings and maybe my dad.

When we were eating dinner with my siblings, my dad came back and joined us.

After we finished eating, none of us waited for Amma to come back while we called it a day and designated to our respective rooms.