Ch5 Doe Date

(Art of Smore above by me)

This was possibly the happiest point of her life. She's never felt so happy before. 

The next day she got up and ready for her date. It's been so long since she's actually gone out on one you know. And this guy was pretty cute. And she didn't sense any red flags from him, at least not yet. That's what dates were for y'know. To get to know someone else and see if you meshed well enough to start a relationship. He seemed nice enough and was honest when she asked him things. Which was more than she could say about others she went out with.  Also she kinda promised him that she would give him a chance. Even if they didn't mesh them they could be friends, and she could definitely use some friends other than Rose in this new place. So she got up and got herself ready and headed out the door. Only to blink and pause.

Doe was already there.

He was right there at the bus stop outside her apartment. As soon as he saw her he gave a full armed wave. After a moment Fae shook her head moving a few long white locks of hers before smiling and approaching him.

"John!  You're here! I wasn't expecting you so early! I thought you were going to call me first! I did give you my number!"

"I wanted to see you!," He gushed as she approached clasping his hands in front of him smiling widely, "Did you get the gift I left you?"

She blinked. "Huh? What gift?"

He suddenly looked a bit nervous. "Er... Nevermind. That'll probably come later."

She shook that off. "Well anyways, Im a bit hungry." She gestured to the left. "How about we head over to a small burger place near here? It has pretty good food."

He instantly nodded. "I'D LOVE TO!!"

She giggled again and grabbed his hand Which made his eyes go wide. "C'mon. I'll show you where it is."

Fae pulled him along behind her..and his expression became more love struck almost melting in her hold and pupils changing into red hearts. She pulled him along with her a few streets over and stopped at the small food court. Sweet! They were already selling burgers! She bought two of them, one for herself and Doe. Both ended up just sitting on a nearby bench with said food.

"So John?" He looked at her in question as he ate, cheeks puffed out as he ate. "What do you do for work?" He tilted his head with a questioning brow. "Y'know. Work? I work at the gas station you met me. Where do you work?"

He smiled. "Oh! I don't work anywhere!"

"Oh...So you work from home? Or are you self employed?" 

"You could say both!"

"That's pretty cool! I dunno many people who are self employed. So are you like a web designer or a constructor?"