CH. 2 ~ Getting Ready

For the first time in a while, time working at the Krusty Krab seemed to drag on, he was excited and nervous about his date with Libby. While time seemed slow at the Krusty Krab, it also seemed as if it were going by too fast, he needed to figure out what to wear, where to take her, what they could do after.

It had only been ten minutes since she had left, and he was standing behind the grill, unable to focus on his work as he thought about her, what kind of flowers did she like, did she like chocolate? If so, did she like Milk chocolate, or Dark?

Did he need a new suit? He wanted to look great, and he wanted to give her 100% of himself, he was starting to panic, what if she didn't like him after the date? What if he did, or said something that she didn't like?

What if he smelt bad?

But what if he didn't? What if the date went well? What if she liked everything he did? What if she wanted to kiss him?

Spongebob began to pace the kitchen floor, what if she kissed him again? Would it be longer? Would he be a good kisser? He had never kissed anyone, what if his lips were too dry? What if they were too wet? What if he was a bad kisser?

"But what if she liked it?" he began to ask himself out loud, what if she liked it so much that they couldn't contain themselves? He knew it was only the first date but, what if she wanted to.. A lot of people did it on the first date, so that wad normal right? He wasn't ready for that!

"HEY SPONGEBOB!" Squidward shouted at the yellow sponge who was busy pacing the floors, and had left the patties on the grill unattended, Spongebob screamed in horror as he noticed, he rushed to extinguish the fire.

"Would you get your head out of that disgusting cloud, and do your job? I get that you are excited for that date, but you still have a job to do" Squidward reminded him.

"Oh, right, sorry Squidward." Spongebob apologized as he got back to work.

Later that night somewhere in Bikini Bottom

In a small one bed room studio apartment half way across town, zoomed into the bed room, Libby sat on the bed, using a laptop to voice chat with none other than Plankton himself.

"how did it go?" Plankton asked, "How did what go?" Libby asked to clarify. "Did you get him to fall in love with you? Well? Did you?" He asked, excited for her answer.

"We're going on a date tomorrow, does that answer your question?" She asked with a mischievous grin.

"Oh, I knew it was a good idea to hire you, so when can I expect to have that formula." He asked, getting down to the real reason.

Libby shrugged her shoulders, "If we're lucky we might have it by tomorrow night, the plan is in effect now, actually." Libby informed, "Is that so?" Plankton asked, Libby nodded her head.

"I wish you would have told mebeforehand just how annoying he is though, now I have to deal with his hideous voice for an entire evening." Libby rolled her eyes.

"Thats why I'm paying you extra." Plankton laughed, "it might not be enough, if I'm honest." Libby said as she began to examine her nails.

"I could throw in an extra 50 bucks, if that will do it for you." Plankton offered, "make it 100." She rebuttals.

"Shesh you're not cheap, but fine, here's another 100 bucks, via direct deposit." Plankton said, "you just better do your job, and you better do it right."

"By the looks of it, he really seems into you, its so sweet to see him finally find someone to love, just for me to tear it all away." Plankton laughed.