Chapter 3. The Date

'Wonder where this fool is gonna take me? Probably to some lame hole in a wall diner, something he could afford, perhaps even that disgusting Krusty Krab, although, it might make things easier.' Libby thought to herself, while she pretended to listen and be interested in what Spongebob had to say.

"Wow? Really, you made that suit yourself?" Libby sounded impressed, Spongebob blushed, "Of course, i mean, it's kind of hard for me to find something that really fits, and that looks good at the same time, and i wanted to look extra presentable for you tonight, my love." Spongebob admitted.

Libby cracked a smiled, glancing back over his suit, "Well, you look, very handsome." she complimented as she brushed her hand down his chest, before she looked towards his face, he was noticeably nervous, and a little sweaty.

Spongebob squirmed under her warm touch, the night hadn't even begun, and he was already tipsy. Being brave, the small man took her wandering hand and brought it to his lips where he placed a soft and gentle kiss.

Libby couldn't hold back the flustered feeling she had, when she pulled her hand back, she had to contain herself from making any disgusted expressions.

"Baby, there are no words to describe how stunning you look as well, I almost feel guilty for taking you to a restaurant like this." Spongebob said as they approached their destination.

"Fancy?" Libby asked, it was a beautiful fancy restaurant, a ship in a bottle, at night it was lit up with dim walkway lights, it was beautiful.

SpongeBob had gotten out to run to open her door to help her out, my was this place beautiful.

"I take it that you've never been here before, have you?" SpongeBob asked as they approached the entrance that had lights wrapped around the railings going into the restaurant.

This place must have cost a fortune, that and the limousine. How much could he afford? And all of it was spent towards her. She looked down at their hands that were linked together, his hand was soft and warm, so inviting, everything about him made her stomach act in weird ways, confusing.

She watched as he spoke to the host, which he seemed to be friends with, paying attention to the expressions on his soft yellow face, everything around her seemed to slow down in time, instead of speeding by like she hoped it would, but instead it decided it wanted to drag on which is something she dreaded, but the money was good, all she had to do was play her part and get through tonight, do what she needed to do to get that formula.

That included pretending to be in love with someone like him, he was so annoying and dorky, she could never be with someone like him for real, good thing this was only pretend.

It had been at least ten minutes since they had sat down, he was still so nervous, even after he was certain the date had started off right, now here was the hard part, getting to know each other, and he wanted to know everything.

"How is your new job? Did you get it?" he asked her as she was staring off to the side, watching as the band on the stage played jazz.

"Huh? Oh right, Its going ok so far, but its only temporary." she answered as she sipped on a glass of red wine, thinking that if she was going to be stuck here, she might as well have a drink, right?

"Thats great, I guess, but you said temporary, do you mean you'll be looking for another job somewhere else once you're finished?" he asked, Libby shrugged, "More than Likely, but with this job, I might be able to afford some studio lessons." she answered.

"Studio lessons? You mean for like music, right?" He asked, Libby nodded, "I've got the acting down but, I just need to practice singing, once I record my first album, I'll be famous." Libby began to explain, thinking that with the money she would be getting from her current boss, she would be able to make her dreams come true.