Chapter 14

“What time is it?” Nicki asked Tyler. They had just finished watching the movie and she was feeling more than a little sleepy.

Tyler reached for his phone. “About two. Want to go to bed?”

She smiled at him. Would she ever get used to him asking her that? Probably not. She loved it. Tyler got up and turned off the TV. He was still in his bathrobe – which looked incredibly sexy on him. Nicki couldn’t stop looking at him. She felt like a horny school girl. Actually, she was one. He caught her looking at him.

“What?” he asked her.

“Nothing. Come on, let’s go to bed,” she said, grabbing his hand.

Nicki didn’t really feel like changing. She was nice and toasty in her robe. Instead of doing the sensible thing and putting on pajamas, she dropped her robe and got into bed naked. Tyler saw her and grinned.

“Okay, then,” he said as he did the same. He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer, leaving his arm across her stomach. Nicki felt him pressing up against her back.

“You’re so warm,” she said, curling up underneath his arm.

She felt Tyler kiss the back of her neck. That meant it was time to go to sleep.

“Sweet dreams,” he whispered in her ear.

“You too, love,” she said, smiling to herself.

** * * * * *

Nicki felt something wet and cold on her hand. She pulled it close to her and looked down.

“Aww, Marshall,” she whispered. “What is it boy? Wanna eat?”

She looked at the clock. It was only five in the morning. She sighed, realizing that Tyler had to leave in less than two hours. Marshall wagged his tail and stuck out his tongue. He walked out of the room, so she grabbed her bathrobe and followed him.

“Oh. My. God…” Nicki brought a hand to her mouth.

Marshall had chewed through half of the sofa. He must have eaten some of it, because about a quarter of the couch was missing all together. Tyler had said they needed a new one, but the old one didn’t have to go out like that. She liked that couch. They had memories on it.

“Marshall, you’re so bad!”

Nicki decided that now was probably a good time to wake up Tyler. She walked back into the bedroom. Tyler had ended up on his back with an arm crossed over his face. She smiled and took off her robe again. She climbed on top of him and kissed him until he woke up.

“Hi there,” she said as he opened his eyes.

“Hey…” He looked at her, realizing what was going on. “Are you…?”

Nicki bit her lip and nodded. She couldn’t get enough of him. And she figured he wouldn’t mind waking up to that.

“That’s freakin’ awesome,” he said, grabbing onto her hips.

She went slowly, trying to give Tyler the chance to wake up a little first. She leaned forward so she could kiss him. He took control, moving her hips with his hands. Nicki felt a tingling chill move throughout her body. There was absolutely nothing like it. She let out a moan and put her hands on his headboard, letting him take over completely.

She was there in a matter of minutes. Her breathing got heavier as she felt her toes curl up. She brought her hands down from the headboard and met Tyler’s gaze.

“What made you want to do that?” he asked her, out of breath.

“Well, you were just lying there. And to be honest, it’s pretty much all I’ve been able to think about since last night. I can’t help myself,” she said as she kissed him.