4.

"How?" 

"I just asked him," I curled up into a ball. Ruby had came back over for the Summer Break. She sat on one of the beanbags. "Sadly I won't see him on Monday, he's going to have to prepare for the race. I don't think I can go now, since Dad's sick and we can't get permission without him." 

"Sadie, I think you forgot," She laughed. "Remember? Formula Two. Dad works for the Formula One Ferrari Team. Just check if we have any money for the tickets, or ask Ollie for a pass as a friend or family." 

"We're not close enough, Ruby," I yawned and stretched. 

"You two snuck out a day before," She leant in and said in a low voice. "Ollie brought you to his favourite park and place in Chelmsford. You have to take notice, he even accpeted your invite to be your prom date. And he turned red when you two held hands." 

"It was a friend thing, okay?" I sighed. "Besides, we're impossible to be with each other." I explained her my thoughts. She went silent, deep in thinking. "Ruby?" 

"Easy!" She snapped her fingers. "Mum would respect us in return. Besides, would she force her daughter not to love someone at such an age? She'd let you." 

"She likes privacy," I grumbled. 

"She likes her daughters to be happy," Ruby squeezed my hand. "You can talk to Mum if you feel a bit threatened by her ideas. And-" There was someone screaming from the master bedroom. I looked at her and we quickly ran out towards the room, Maddy following us. "Mum! Are you okay?" 

"Promise me you won't freak out," She smiled painfully. "It's a huge surprise." Mum held up a pregnancy test as we all poked our heads in. It was positive. "A new member to our family!" 

"She definitely did something with Dad," Ruby mouthed to me as we all closed in for a hug. I stiffled a laugh. 

"Girls, I don't want any of you saying this to your father, I'll just be telling him personally after he gets better, and Sadie?" I turned to her. "Ruby told me you needed to talk to me?" 

"No, no!" I quickly blurted out. "I mean, no. We were talking about something and Ruby had possibly gotten the wrong meaning. I'm completely fine." 

"Alright, girls, I'll talk to you afterwards I make some warm soup for your father," We quickly let her go as Maddy rushed back upstairs to her room to play. Me and Ruby trudged awkwardly up the stairs. 

"You could've told her the idea," She angrily folded her arms together. "You two just need to talk to each other to solve a problem. You won't fix it yourself if you don't get Mum's view of you and Ollie dating." 

"He probably doesn't even love me!" I said. 

"He does!" Ruby suddenly yelled. "All those signs - I've seen it. I was learning attending a Body Language class before I moved to Manchester. They were signs, Sadie. You're not blind, you're not. He loves you. Ollie loves you, Sadie. Go tell him." 

"You're weird, no, it'll be awkward and tense," I folded my arms across my chest. 

"You're so stupid then, not telling him!" Ruby yelled as I ran to my room, crying. Loving someone was hard without annoying people with their judgements. I locked the door, my finger hovering above Ollie's number on the screen. It was hesitation with stopped me. He would ask if I was okay, and I would have to tell him a lie. Problem was he saw through lies. He would know. 

I dialled it anyways. Placing the phone next to my ear, I tried hard to sound as normal as possible. "O-Ollie? Are you free right now?" 

"Yeah, just packing up my suitcase and everything, you alright?" His voice. He looked and sounded like an angel. "Sadie, you're crying. Don't lie. I'm coming over-" 

"I'll come over, I just had a little fight, it's pathetic to say," I hung up and shoved my phone into my pocket and unlocked my door. Ruby sat on the staircase as I walked past, opening the front door. "I'm going to Ollie's. Tell Mum I won't be back until seven." 

"You're kidding-" 

I slammed the front door shut. Ollie was just a few blocks away. Then I saw him, sitting on the front porch with his hand on his hands. I ran straight to him as he wrapped me in for hug and pressed my head against his chest. "What happened?" 

"Just... some problems between my Dad's sickness and Mum's pregnancy," I lied. But of course he knew. He would know, no matter what. Ollie wouldn't care less; he swayed back and forth while leaning back against the brick wall. "You know I'm l-lying." 

"So?" He shut his eyes as I buried my head into his chest. "You know I don't want to point out details when someone's hurt, like you. Gosh, you're crying hard. It'll be fine, whatever it is." 

"Ollie..." I started.

"Shush..." He muttered. "Do stop crying. You'll be fine, for whatever it is. You want to come into the house? Mum's home, I'm sure you can tell her what you can't tell me. It's about me, isn't it?" 

"You're too smart," I wiped my tears away. "Is that why you got such good GCSEs?" 

"Sadie, come on in," Ollie urged as I stiffled a laugh. "Mum, Sadie's over. She needs to vent." 

"Darling, what happened?" I've met Ollie's mum before. She was a really nice woman, giving that she was always alone when her children were always out racing. "I'll get you some tea." 

"It's... well, something about me so I can't stay," He grinned and gave me a shoulder hug. "I'll come see you later, or come to my room. Opposite of the landing..." His Mum gave him a light shove as he chuckled and stumbled upstairs. 

We both sat at the table, us cupping our mugs in our hands. She leant in. "Now, tell me what your family's problems with Ollie are." 

I sighed and opened my mouth.

~~
She knew, didn't she?

Sadie saw me turning red that night. I shoved my Prema shirt in, neatly folded up in a pile with the other spare shirts I needed for the weather. An extra pair of socks. Why not? I wanted to pack up as quickly as I could so I could get closer to the stairs and listen. I locked the suitcase and stepped silently to the staircase. 

"-feelings for Ollie," Sadie was saying as I pursed my lips. "I really hope you don't mind, but I just really love him. I really do, no intentions of breaking his heart. It's just I think Mum won't approve." 

I choked on my own saliva. A hard breath. 

"Wait a second-" Mum said. "Ollie, you okay?" 

"Yeah, just choked on my saliva!" I shouted down.

"Alright," I heard a chair squeaking. "It's fine, darling, I know many people around the World thinks my son looks good as well as you-" I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. "-and at the same time I approve of this relationship. Why don't you talk to your Mum? Or invite her to our house? When the boys are out, I just mainly be here alone. We could talk." 

"That would be great," Sadie's voice was finally normal again. I dragged my suitcase, just in time for the conversation to end. Mum parted ways to the living room as I left the suitcase by the front door. All ready. Sadie headed for the kitchen, leaving the mug there.

"I heard what you said," I wrapped her in a hug behind her, as she gasped. "Come on, Sadie, you didn't think of me being invading and cheeky, didn't you?" 

"Ollie, come on," She turned around, but was red in the face. We both leaned in, closer, as I forced her against the counter. "You're-" Just then Mum walked in, and both of our eyes widened at the same time. "Oh for love's sake. Hey...?" 

"Sorry, I'll leave," She gave us a warm smile and left. I pressed my lips against her forehead and started to walk out of the kitchen. Sadie pulled me by my arm. 

"Yeah?" I turned back. 

"Did you actually hear it?" I raised my eyebrows. 

"Not all of it," I stated. 

"Oh, lord," She muttered. 

"It's fine, we can take it slow," I whispered. "Darling." 

"Shut up!" Sadie turned completely red.