7.

I tried hard not to cry, really. 

The next morning at school was hell. Ollie wasn't there, and I hadn't managed another good impression in art class. I was kicked out, and just headed for the library to sketch out the rest of the Ferrari car I was doing. 

I constantly worried about Ruby and Maddy. The doctors said Ruby was getting weaker and weaker now. We had a life support machine strapped to her, and a loud alarm in case she stopped breathing. Maddy kept questioning about Mum and Dad. I told her to wait until I told her. 

"Sadie, right?" I looked up. Jonathan. I sighed and nodded. "Hey, I was wondering if we could hang out for a bit. And talk about the rejection." Prom. He was talking of prom. I shook my head and continued to sketch. "Why?" 

"Stop it," He had pulled out the chair next to me, sat down. "You're supposed to be lessons right now, Jonathan. Just back away while you can. I'm going to prom with Ollie." 

His smile immediately disappeared from his lips. "You're going to prom with that motorsport freak? He's always away. I can be better. I will be better. I love you, Sadie." He leant in without context, and I pushed him away. 

"One, I don't want to kiss, two, you don't have my consent, and three, take a mint please," I fished out a box of mints and piled at least three into his palm and closed it. "I'll be out. Do something like this again and I'll get Ollie to beat you up when he's back." 

"Honestly, darling, he won't do anything," Jonathan chuckled as I reached for the library doors. I cursed. The librarian was here. She'd help me. She would. I pulled open the door handle and rushed down the stairs, but instead he pushed me against the wall and held a knife close to my neck. "Come with me to prom and this knife won't be in your boyfriend's throat." 

"H-he's not my boyfriend!" I managed, before he held it even closer. "And are you seriously threatening me? If you kill Ollie, the whole world will know. I can get the whole of the fandom to turn on you in seconds. The whole of Prema. The whole motorsport world. You know that?" 

"No one tells me what to do, love," Jonathan grinned. "Prom, or a dead Oliver. You can and will decide this. Death or prom? Up to you." He let go, and before he knew it as well, I aimed my foot at his crotch. Brilliant idea. He groaned and sank to the ground, as I ran down to reception. No one was there. 

I dialled 999. I could hear his footsteps coming. Shit. "999, what emergency service do you require?" 

"Police!" I exclaimed as it changed me. I was served with a different voice. "Please, I need help in a freaking high school, I was threatened by an eighteen year old with a fucking knife. A police station is right next to the damn school." 

"Calm down, ma'am, we're already sending the police there," A bunch of typing. "State your name and age, please." 

"I'm seventeen and Sadie, Sadie Relish, the guy who has a knife is Jonathan Thompson, an eighteen year old," His footsteps thundered down the steps and the police smashed open the doors. The receptionist hurried back to her seat, still in a daze. "That bitch over there." I panted. 

Not long before he stabbed a police. 

"Get him!" 

"Johnny, where the fuck did you put your gun?" 

"I'm stabbed!" 

"Mate, no trouble if you don't stab another one." 

"Calm your ass down." 

"Get off of me!" 

"You're arrested. Anything said will and can be used against you in court. Put your arms behind your back, Jonathan, and stay quiet." That he managed. The whole school came rushing down to see what the problem was. 

"You!" Ava. She came rushing towards me, her fingernails dug deep into my arms as I yelled in pain over the course of noises and chaos. "You got him arrested, didn't you? First, you steal Ollie and then get Jon arrested! What more drama do you need to cause?" 

The teachers struggled to pull her away from me. I was convinced she was a certified pyschopath and maniac. I kicked her away, and as usual, the tip of my shoe. I'd get more of them. Lifesavers. You'd ask me why I would be so calm in these situations. I'm no normal girl. I wasn't one who would be obsessing over hot boys in school, going to night clubs and parties or study hard. I was the one who would be in love with racing, and have crushes over drivers. I was the one who would draw and sketch the cars they raced in, the circuits. The one to have their rooms filled with motorsport books. The one to have an attitude like Max Verstappen, the one to have such calm during fights like these like Mick Schumacher, the one to have humour like Daniel Ricciardo. 

I felt like I wanted to pass out. The stress I had. Everyone stared at me like I was crazy while Jonathan was pulled away from the scene. I needed calm. I didn't want stress. I needed the fresh air of the parks. Without a word, I rushed out of the school building, still clutching my bag. 

I ran to the park and sank to the ground, sobbing. People around me stared. I got used to staring when I was little. They liked to stare and bully me. I cried out all the stress and anger, but still felt the same. 

Ollie. 

I needed Ollie. 

I needed the boy who relieved all my stress. 

~~

"What do you mean?" 

Shock can take over your whole body if it's possible. When I got the phone call from Mum, it took over me. I stood there, completely frozen and couldn't even move when my engineer pushed me a bit forward. "Mum, get this straight, Sadie's gone missing?" 

"I really don't know," There was panic in her voice. "Since she put me as one of the emergency contacts, the school called me. They said she ran away from the building after an arrest was made as a student called Jonathan threatened her with a knife. You know anything about this?" 

"I don't know, Mum, I'm away, I don't know anything," I sighed. "Mind going to the nearby park to check? She might be in a bad mood and..." I hesitated hard. "I want everything to go smoothly for prom and everything." 

"Alright, love, I'll check on her, have a good time and don't fret," She hung up. Mums. I was hurried back to our garage for a meeting about the car. 

"Everything okay?" Engineers. They're always there for you.

"Yeah," I crossed my fingers. "Good."