Chapter 14: Renewing an Acquaintance

I waited inside the park, sitting on a bench along the path that Namjoon was most likely to take. I allowed myself to feel the energies around me, sensing the trees, plants, animals and humans inside the park, within a certain radius. As Namjoon entered the park, along the path, his energy signature became stronger, and I turned my head in his general direction. As he grew closer, and within my line is sight, I began to watch him leisurely riding his bike along the trail. He looked all around him at the sky, and nature as he seemed to soak it in. He seems lost in the sensation of riding and daydreaming, and I smiled to myself, looking down at the ground. 'He was most definitely cute.' I decided.

I sent a suggestion to his mind to stop and adjust his mask and hat and when he did, across from me, looking away, I watched him as he made the adjustments. When he stopped suddenly and turned around, looking at me, I smiled faintly, gazing back. His mask was half on his face as he moved one of the loops over his ear and he replaced the other one over the other ear. He continued to stare over at me as I folded my hands together in my lap. Today I was wearing beige slacks and a feminine blouse in a solid light blue shade. The blouse accentuated my figure and the cut along the collar drew attention to my neck and collar bones. My shoes were practical, but feminine, allowing some style, while allowing me to run, if needed. My hair was loose and my auburn curls were blowing in the breeze. I was wearing light sunglasses, which partially hid my eyes, but also allowed them to be seen. I smiled more at him, my lips curving up further, baring my teeth slightly, while mimicking his earlier movements. I was not wearing a mask today and smoothed my hair back behind my ear, exposing it. My ear was shadowed in glamour, of course. Unless he could see past glamour, he wouldn't see it. I did not need him to know exactly what I was. I only wanted him to know who I was.

He spoke into the silence between us, as he stood on the other side of the path, with a whisper, "Louvre girl."

I laughed and responded politely, remaining in my place on the bench, "Hello. How are you?"

With his mask still on, he walked over to me, bringing his bike with him. He pulled the kickstand down with his foot and sat next to me on the bench, not bothering to look around as he seemed deeply distracted. He turned towards me and asked, "You are real, aren't you?" He almost reached his hand out to touch mine, but began to pull it back. However. before he could bring it back to his body, I caught his hand and gently squeezed his fingers, before releasing his hand.

"Yes. I am real." He looked down at his fingers and rubbed the digits lightly, as if considering the sensation of our hands touching.

He gazed back over at me, removed his mask and hat, and ran his fingers through his hair briefly, and then replaced the hat again. He looked at me, "Who are you?" He asked, then furrowed his brow as he looked down at his lap again, thinking for a moment, "I mean. What is your name? And who are you? I am Namjoon. Kim Namjoon." He explained.

I smiled in response and answered with my head tilted to the side, watching him. "I am Felina. You may call me by this name." I paused for a second. The name I used among humans was enough for now, if ever I shared anything else. "But I know who you are. It's hard to miss who you are in Korea, or almost anywhere." I explained.

He watched me, taking my words as they were spoken, soaking me in, and I caught his passing thought, wondering if it was a dream, and if I would suddenly disappear. 'He didn't want me to disappear.' He thought. Ignoring my statement that it was hard to miss who he was, he spoke again, "So you remember me?"

I smiled at him, "Yes. I responded. In the French Revolution hall and at the accident. Yes."

His eyes grew larger, and he slowly began to place his hand over his mouth, "So that did happen. I mean, I know it did, but it was so... vague." He said past his fingers that hovered close to his face. He lowered his hand as he spoke, "So much about it was unreal." He explained.