Chapter Sixty{Davinia} 🌹

Dedicated to kokomaster 83

I've met with Rolan's people and I ran my designs through them after a call with Tiana and they've begun working on it. Won't lie, I'm still reeling from the things he said to me but I try to get it together.

With my project beginning, I will have reasons to come to Moscow to see how things are going. I'm not sure why that makes me excited but it does.

On my way back to Rolan's office, my face goes through another episode of blush as his last words to me replay in my head. Lydia is not her spot when I get to his office. My phone rings loudly and I pick it as I pull the door open. It's from Tiana which is weird cause we just spoke. "Wha-"

"Butcher. Butcher. I'm so sorry Davi." The following movements or reactions are unknown as my body immediately goes into shock. There's a loud ringing in my head and I can't hear or see a thing. Tiana is still talking but I can't comprehend what it is she's saying.

"Davinia. Davinia!" My eyes snap over to a pair of worried blue ones then they lose focus. Hurriedly, I go for my bag and keys.

"Something happened back home. Timothy is hurt, again. And again, I'm not there to protect him. I need to leave. I can't-

"Davinia."

"lose another soul. I just can't. He can't be -"

"Davinia!" He's holding me in place by arms in the middle of his office. I'm staring at my hands below me and all I see is blood. I feel so itchy, so tight like there's a fire burning from within me and it is nowhere pleasant. He's speaking to me but my focus is damaged till he says a name that always captures my attention.

"Anís."

Slowly, I drag my eyes up to meet his. I feel tears sting my lids but I refuse to let them fall. "Don't break down. Not yet." for the first time, he sounds so calm, so gentle and light. His words sink into my brain and I find myself nodding, sniffing back the tears. "You will call Tiana back and get more details while I get the chopper ready. Okay?" His electrifying blue eyes search for mine as questions but I can't voice a word out at the moment so I nod my head.

"Words, Anís." He demands, his eyes tightening and his voice hardening. I take a breathe in and swallow my anxiety before answering,

"Okay." Now he nods and releases me from his grip to which I immediately turn on my phone and call Tiana back with my heart in my throat. In the background, I hear shuffling of papers and when Tiana picks, I hear him barking orders to someone but since there's no one else in the room with us, I believe it's with someone on a call.

"Davinia." Tiana's voice sounds weary and tired.

"Tell me what happened?" I keep the emotions away from my voice to keep myself from breaking down.

There's a lot of noise where she is but she speaks and I can still hear her clear enough. "The shipment at the border was sabotaged. It wasn't goods in the box but explosives. Luckily Butcher wasn't the one to open it but he's badly injured. He lost many of his boys tho." She says. Her voice is hoarse and stressed and by the shiver in her words, she almost had or did have a breakdown.

We both can't bare to lose him.

"Let's go." Rolan whispers to him as he wraps his hand around my waist, guiding me out of his office. Something In me really wants to reel in his body heat and let it all out but that would be me being too clingy and too soft. That would be me letting my guard down and trusting too early and that would probably not be what he would appreciate so I rather not.

"Who?" I ask Tiana. She breathes hard into the speaker. She's probably walking or climbing something.

"I'm working on it Davi."

"Find them Tiana. We are going to make them pay. I won't rest till I do so."

"Sangue per sangue"(blood for blood)

The line cuts and I return my phone to my purse. Rolan's hand leaves my wrist when we get out of the elevator to the rooftop. The cold breeze hits me with force as we walk towards the loud whirring of the chopper.

Andrei is the one driving us the time. We settle in, side by side and it takes off. All the while, my mind is preoccupied with deja vu of nightmares. Unconsciously, I begin to itch my left wrist, allowing the pain to soothe me.

I can now breathe. My heart feels a little light and I can hear my heart beat steady as I look past the shimmering lights below.

I can't lose Butcher. I can't lose Timothy. He has been a part of my life since it started. He's like the brother that I always wished to have. I always thought maybe if I had a big brother, my life wouldn't have turned out like this but wishes don't come true. But nightmares do.

Then I remember something. "The people who tried to poison you. Who are they?" I know my voice is ice cold when the words leave my mouth but I don't care. I face him to watch his expression as he responds to me.

"The real son of the ex Don of the Russian mafia wants to get his throne back. He's been trying from the very start but has always failed. I always ignored his tricks or left him warnings because killing him meant killing the only son of the Don and it might start an uproar but at the look of things.... "

My head is already bobbing In accordance with what he is saying." I won't sit back and allow some man with daddy issues ruin my familia" I sneer, digging my nails into the skin of my wrist. Till I feel his warm hand separate my hands away from each other. "I feel whoever is in the background is instigating my capos against me."

He places my hands on my thighs without removing his hands. "Whoever it is can't hide in the shadows forever. It's either we chase them out of it and eliminate them or we silenced them right there in the shadows. Either way, they will wish to never cross paths with us."