Chapter Sixty One {Davinia} 🌹

We arrived earlier than I expected and right now, I'm in Butcher's room where he lies on his bed with the right side of his body bandaged. I don't know where I dropped my bag or who is in the room with him. I walk over to his bedside, there's a blood bag hanging from the intravenous pole beside the IV bag.

His rugged face looks more rough and battered with the little cuts and bruises on it. His eyes are closed but his eyebrows are furrowed. He must be having his usual nightmares again. My heart twists painfully at the sight.

I lift my right hand and place it on his warm forehead, rubbing it in slow motion. His face not only looks rough but feels rough also. What would I have done if he died? My chest tightens at the thought. I can't lose him too, I can bear to lose him too. My heart won't be able to hold it. The pain, it gets overwhelming.

"Gioiello" His croaky raspy voice pulls my attention back to him. His eyes are still closed but his head turns left to right. Quickly, I move closer and hold his right hand, drawing circles on his palm.

"Gabriella," he calls out suddenly in a broken tone. A tear slips from my right eye and I don't try to stop it. He begins to shake, his eyebrows pulling into a distressed frown. "Gabriella, Gabriella!" He calls out in pain. The tears keep falling from my eyes as I try to wake him up by shaking his shoulders.

"Tim, please wake up." I call softly. I can't manage to increase my voice, it suddenly becomes hard to find my voice. He's not stopping, his body convulses aggressively. I get up on my feet with fright in my widened eyes.

"Dottore! Zio! Dottore! "(Doctor! Uncle! Doctor) I shout for help as I hold him down to the bed with all my might but he is a big guy and I can only hold him down for a little while. "Dottore! "

I don't know when, how or who pulled me away but I'm in somebody's arms. Somebody who doesn't smell of oak and citrus. All I smell is apples.

"Breathe, Jewel. Breathe." Rex's calm voice soothes me and I do exactly as he says. I breathe in and out till I feel a bit better and can now see those that are in the room with me and what is going on.

I look down at my shaky hands holding Rex's shirt like it is life itself and immediately let go of it. I avoid his eyes as I place a few distance between us. "Thank you and sorry fo-"

"Don't do that Davinia." I can hear the sadness in his voice but it still doesn't make me look up to meet his eyes. He takes a step closer and I step back again. He stops moving and releases a distressed sigh. "I'm sorry about Timothy, he'll be fine. He's been through worse than this, don't go beating yourself up." I hear him say after which he turns and leaves the room. I still don't look up till I can no longer hear his steps and when I do look up, my eyes meet a pair of cold blue eyes.

Did he see Rex? Of course he did. Did he see me in his arms? That, I am not sure of. My eyes don't leave his and his don't leave mine as he stalks over to me.

"How is he holding up?" Is the question that leaves his lips when he stands in front of me. Looking down at me with his cold eyes. I turn to face the doctor and nurse who are still busy checking on him.

"Hopefully not that bad." I respond. My voice is cracked and harsh but I don't care about anything at this point. All I want now, is revenge. Whoever is responsible for this will pay.

"I want them to suffer."

"They will suffer. Tiana and I have been going through cameras and recording notes from the recorder placed on some of the guards. You should come and see this."

I take one last look at Butcher before walking out of the room with Rolan. We are walking towards Tiana's office. We get there and we see Uncle pacing across her room with Tiana behind her computer, typing furiously.

I walk around her table to her right side. Bending a little to check the screen of her computer. She clicks on a video and it starts playing. In an abandoned parking lot, two cars are parked and I see an Asian bulky bald guy leave his Bentley and at the other side, Marco leaves his wagon. Marcus!?

I fist my right hand against Tina's desk as I will myself to control my anger and continue with the video. I can't hear what they are saying but seconds later, the Asian guy gives Marcus a black briefcase in exchange for a Grey briefcase from Marcus. They both leave after that exchange.

The video ends and I curse under my breath.

"You were right to bug the capos that were acting fishy. First Rico, now Marcus." Tiana muttered tiredly,slowly rubbing the bridge of her nose. I slam my fist on the table. Anger sizzles in my body as I leave her desk, stomping out of her office.

"Where are you going?"

"To get Marcus." He's going to get it. I'm going to make him witness his worst nightmare and I don't care if he is just an ally. He will wish he never went behind my back.

"Uncle is after him already."

I stop midway and turn to face her. "I want to be the one to end him!" my nose flares as I speak. My body is still shaking but not from panic. Tiana face falls and she stands from her seat.

"Timothy needs you right now, Davi." She takes steady steps towards and stops right in front o f me. Her eyes soften. "You're his Gabriella."