FIFTEEN. weasley rescue

MEMENTO MORI
CHAPTER FIFTEEN !

MEMENTO MORICHAPTER FIFTEEN !

[ chamber of secrets ]

DAISY LET OUT A SHRIEK. The room went silent, a ringing overtaking the sudden disappearance of chatter.

      Everyone looked the girl's way, eyes wide as they took in the sight of her with porridge leaking down her face, eyes squinted shut to avoid the oats touching them, her mouth agape as it was quite obvious she was still in shock over the whole ordeal.

      In front of her, at the opposite end of the table, Maya Shaan sat with an empty bowl in her hand, eyes wide as she stared at the scene, realising what she had done.

      There was small snorts and giggles around the room, but before any actual outburst could happen, Daisy climbed over the table, knocking bowls off of the wood, and reaching for the twelve year old witch.

      Maya, however, only stood, a sudden grin taking over her features. Daisy did look slightly crazy at this moment, and Maya couldn't help it that she let out a fit of giggles as the girl suddenly realised her situation and climbed off the table.

      "You're dead, Shaan!" Daisy snapped, grabbing a dry piece of tissue and wiping her face desperately.

      Maya had quickly given herself a head start, ignoring the sisters trying to block the doorway, and instead pushing past them to get into the long crooked hall. She heard Daisy making her way up behind her, so as quickly as she could, she hid herself in the nearest shadow, the darkest corner of the room, and held her breath, and froze.

      Daisy came scurrying into the hallway, her chest heaving as some runaway oats still fell down her rosy cheeks that had flushed from embarrassment.

      Maya tried desperately not to giggle, but as Daisy scampered away, she took her chance to run into the gardens that thankfully was connected to a small forest. Whenever Maya entered, it reminded her back at Hogwarts, and that only a few more days until she'd finally be able to go back and take Priya with her.

      As she took her final steps into the trees, she saw the two pairs of eyes peaking at her from the branches and let out a dramatic sigh, slumping onto the ground and resting against a trunk.

      Immediately, two small figures flew down from the branches, landing on her knees and she smiled up at Saphira and Katla tilting their heads at her. Dragons.

      Maya had found them a few days after being back from Hogwarts, and Saphira was weak while Katla was aggressive to protect her sister, so Maya did the best she could to gain Karla's trust while bringing Saphira back to full health during the summer.