v.

299 A.C.
KING'S LANDING
•••

ELAENA KNOCKED ON THE DOOR OF HER SISTER'S CHAMBERS. EVER SINCE DAENERYS told her that she'd sent letters to her after King's Landing, she wondered why she never saw or read any of them and she had the sneaking suspicion that if anyone knew what happened to them her older sister would know.

Jocelyn opened the door, "It is early."

"Where are they?"

Jocelyn quirks a brow, "Where is what?"

"The letters, Jocelyn," Elaena states, "The ones Daenerys wrote me nine years ago. Where are they?"

"Burned," Jocelyn responds and Elaena stares at her sister, shaking her head.

"You burned them?" Elaena asks.

"Of course I did," Jocelyn responds, "It was Daenerys's fault our family was removed from King's Landing. I was not going to allow her to tarnish us any further. So yes, whatever letters she sent to you found their way into the fire."

"They were my letters," Elaena states, feeling herself growing angrier by the second.

"And now they are ash," Jocelyn responds, "You went years without knowing about the letters. Why do you care now? Would they have changed anything? No, we would be right where we are right now."

Elaena stares at her sister. She'd always looked up to Jocelyn, but she could now see that admiration was misplaced. Her sister cared only to climb. She was cruel and selfish, and she'd ruin and destroy anyone who stood in the way of what she wanted.

"If you are done asking questions, I must get ready for the day," Jocelyn says as she goes to close her door, but Elaena puts her hand on the door, stopping it.

"You want to play games? Fine," Elaena says as she looks at her sister, "Let's play."

Jocelyn's lips spread in a smile, "Finally."

Elaena rolls her eyes as she removes her hand from the door and begins walking off. Elaena knew that she had to be smart moving forward. If she was going to make Daenerys the heir, whatever hostilities between them had to be buried. She also had to make Daenerys want the throne because she was a long way from wanting it.

Elaena went to the wall overlooking the Blackwater. The wind lashes at Elaena's hair as she looks at the water below. There were ships sailing in from Dorne and White Harbor, proudly displaying their banners.

"What are you doing here?"

Elaena spun and saw Daenerys standing there. She was still wearing her flying clothes. As she looked at Elaena she began taking off her flying gloves.

"Jocelyn burned the letters," Elaena says as she turns and looks back over the Bay, "I'm sorry."

Daenerys chuckles and it comes out bitterly she isn't sure if it's because Jocelyn was a terrible person or because she couldn't truly be angry with Elaena for not responding all those years ago, "Why are you apologizing? You never saw them."

"What did they say?" Elaena asks as she glances over at Daenerys.

"I apologized. For what happened. For the scar. It was my fault," Daenerys states as she joins Elaena by the wall, throwing her gloves down as she leans against it.

Elaena looks over at Daenerys. As she looks at Daenerys she truly takes her in. Daenerys carried herself in a way that indicated that she was better than everyone else. Whether or not that was true didn't matter because that was the aura she gave off. It was regal but it also made her unapproachable.