Chapter 3

Josh showed me my room, since I was pissed at my father. Which I figured out, his name is Nick, which rhymes with prick. Its perfect, I'll be sure to point it out sometime.

I thanked Josh for showing me to my room, which was very large with a 4-poster bed, bedside tables on each side, a huge walk in closet, and a black vanity. The walls were white, and everything else in the room was black or white, besides the wooden floors. I didn't mind it though, I prefer plain colors anyway.

"So," Josh started, which scared the living shit out of me since I didn't know he was still here. "Do you like it?"

"Yes" I say blankly. I did though, this room was amazing and I loved it. The bedroom I had at my moms was small, but I was used to it. I don't know if I'll ever get used to it here. Everything was so big, even the hallways were like 10 feet wide.

Josh chuckles, and I look at him in confusion. "I saw you jump"

"Oh" I simply say.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, I guess"

"Why do you hate me so much?" Josh surprises me by asking. I mean, I don't hate him. I don't know him well enough to hate him, but I certainly don't like him either.

"I don't" I shrug and sit on my bed.

"Yeah you do, I just don't understand why"

"Look, Josh," I sigh and see him tense up a bit, "I don't know you well enough to hate you, or even dislike you. But I don't like you either, because I don't know you well enough to like you. So far, though, I dislike you because we share the same father. I dislike that so much because no one told me about you"

"Well, its not my fault you know," Josh says and I open my mouth to speak but he cuts me off, "and why aren't you mad at your mother too? She must've known about me too, yet you don't even seem the slightest bit angry at her"

"Leave her out of this" I say and leave it at that. Josh just smiles a little, probably thinking he won. But he hasn't, yes we both have good points but he definitely isn't 'winning' anything. I open my mouth to speak again, but Josh had already left my room, leaving me alone to unpack.

***

I finished unpacking around 5 in the afternoon, then left my room to wander the halls. Just outside of my bedroom was an open hall. There was 5 doors, literally just scattered everywhere. The staircase was big with a glass balcony right before the stairs, which also has glass for a railing. I quietly walked down the staircase, so no one would know that I'm not in my room.

At the end of the staircase was a small hall that led to the living room, which had a giant flat screen tv, an entertainment center, a leather secional, plus another small leather couch and a recliner.

Damn, he is rich.

On the other side of the hall, there are two closets and half a bathroom, then it leads up to the front door. I turn the other way to see that on the other side of the living room it is an open kitchen with an island and marble countertops. It also had a wooden table, facing a bay window. Damn how rich is this guy?

I keep investigating the house when I hear voices.

That sounded so weird, I'm actually not crazy, I heard Nick talking.

I was thinking about raiding the kitchen, when I heard Nick's voice coming from upstairs. Now I'm hid under the counter, so he wouldn't know my plan of eating all the food. Whatever. I really wish this was somewhere else though because the only way to go upstairs is to go through the living room, and I didn't exactly plan on eavesdropping. Even though it is one of my favorite things to do. Oops.