Chapter 5

Dakota's POV

This is bullshit. Josh's dad is acting like I committed a serious crime. I mean yeah daring someone to ask a cop to smoke weed with them is a little uncalled for, but it's not like it was actual weed. I would never do that if it was real. I thought the fake weed was pretty funny though.

I don't know why he's making such a big deal out of it, to be honest. It was a joke, it's not like Josh went to jail..

They did take him to the station though to make sure it wasn't real weed, and to call his dad to inform him. They would've done the same to me, but I'm an expert at escaping, and I ran before they could catch me.

"Why the fuck would you even do that?" Nick yells. "How did it benefit you?"

"Why did you have to drag me into your little bitch fight?" I yell. "All I did was dare him, technically he didn't have to do it"

"So you admit to daring him!" Nick yells. Well no shit dipshit.

"I never said I didn't!" I yell back, "But yes I did, what's the problem? It wasn't real weed and I think it was funny as hell"

"Yeah but that's not the point! The cop held a gun up to him!"

I was about to say something, when the door suddenly flew open and I heard a female voice yell, "stop fighting about it goddamn! It's already over now shut the fuck up!"

Josh and I turned around to face a girl. I haven't seen her before, but she was beautiful.. The first thing I noticed, however, was her obviously dyed dark red hair. I've always hated red hair, but strangely, at the moment.. I like it.

She had her eyes closed when she yelled, but when she opened them she looked at what seemed to be everything else in the room except me. But finally after what seemed like an eternity later, her eyes landed on me. I felt a rush as soon as her honey brown eyes hit my face, scanning it.

It was weird.. I've never felt anything like that before..

"Who's this?" I ask cockily as I eye her body. I didn't mean to ask that with a smirk but I was trying not to smile at her and it just happened.

"Dakota, do you really think right now is a good time to be eyeing my little sister?" Josh asks me.

Sister? I didn't know he had a sister..a very hot sister.

"No, but I'm gonna do it anyway" I smirk. I really didn't mean to say that..its like I have no filter right now.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me" Nick angrily sighs.

"Hey, I'm sorry dude, maybe next time don't make such a hot daughter"

"Are you fucking serious?" Josh and Nick yell at the same time.

"Sorry?" I say but I make it sound like a question.

"No your fucking not" Nick says.

"Haha, I know"

***

Josie's POV

Nick and Josh kicked Dakota out after that, but not before he shot a wink at me, which I rolled my eyes to.

I hate guys like that, who think they can get away with stupid little stuff like that. Yeah, he's hot and I actually felt a rush go through me the first time I looked at him. But that means nothing. There was probably just a gush of warm air in the room or something.

That night at dinner, Nick made me and Josh eat at the table with him. I don't know if this is a daily thing or not, but when I glanced at Josh eating spaghetti with his hands and looking across the room at the tv, I didn't think so.

"So, I hope you know you start school tomorrow..." Nick sighs.

"Okay...so? It's school, why are you being so weird about it?"

"Well I didn't know if you had a problem with school, or making friends..." he trailed off.

"Guys I can't hear the tv, do you mind?" Josh whines.

Nick and I rolled our eyes at the same time before I answered, "nah, I'm the most likeable person ever"

"I hate when your sarcastic" Nick chuckles.

"Just wait, there's more where that came from" I smile mockingly.

***

Sorry I cut it off like that tbh I was too lazy to write any more