KATIGORI

Dedicated to Starris Michelle

Fear is the deceit of the devil, a weapon to destroy your peace; madmen fear nothing but have no peace, people fear masquerades but they only dance to the beat of the drummer, how do we overcome a thing we don't understand.
What are you scared of?

||KATIGORI by Oxlade||
So many stories untold, so many mysteries that has to unfold

The poor boy lays on the bed, with bruises on his hand, he stays quiet until the doctor leaves. I don't know why Shola cared for this boy so much cause from the little I know he was just a fruit seller with his mom, I don't know if God is showing him mercy but I wouldn't let this child see the hell of the earth while his still breathing.

"Aunty what does it feel like to be free?
My eyes loose its life as tears hangs but eyes already are defeated because I don't have the answer to that question, freedom is a gift not everyone has it I know now

"just know money doesn't give you freedom and peace is not always an option but God is faithful in all, no matter how you bad reach run to him, not all of us get the liver to run back or bear our own cross."

Auntie my Name is Tamuno Miebaka so of course I'll always thank God but on the days I have nothing to eat, when it feels like I'm invisible and suffering has become part of me, when I need ...

"Thank him

"I didn't beg to come into this world, Aunty I'm tired, my body don dey tire, waking up everyday for what purpose."

Mmmm mmm don't speak like that, you're alive, you have your mom, you have me, the world has given you enough your own is to read your book , I no too know my Bible but obey your mother ooo, love her.
Everything parents go through is for you to learn from, promise me you go do well.

As his mom comes back into the hospital room with a wrapper tied round her waist, over her shirt, with a cooler probably filled with food.

"Na so this reckless okada men dey do ooo, my pikin thank you." She says looking at Miebaka who suddenly falls a sleep.

I smile at her with joy remembering my own mom, I know what it is to loose it all and live for your child, I've been a horrible person no wahala, I've become half as devious as Shola but I haven't lost myself completely to this hateful world.
"What will it take for me to adopt him."

Mmmm she says eyes widened, when she looks at her son.she looks at him in love but she can't keep on with him and the greater piece of her heart knows what to do, all that she can't offer him will be given but that's a decision only she can make for him and not for herself.                          

*****

"Tosin I just want to go home and have a cold shower."I say as he drives me home, the night suddenly feels long when his driving, there's no smell of road side bole or food, just the smell of his colon suffocating enough to only think of his presence.

"Tosin this, Tosin that I've become your personal driver, we no go hear word for this driver job i Dey do." He says laughing as his earring catches my eye with his pink shirt.

"Mumu boy."He reaches to increase the volume of the song that plays ( Need you by fire boy) and I sing along.

"You too like love." He says smiling which exposes his dashing smile.

"You wey dey jump from one babe to another, how will you know what love is?."

"He laughs, are you serious Ani mama, I'll tell you what love is. He makes a pause before speaking just as if he's rethinking the idea of exposing his thoughts.

"It's sticking to someone regardless of how they feel about you,it's shamelessly refusing to leave regardless of what the next person does, it's being with someone in their worse moments and wanting to give your every being to that person, it's yearning to see them smile every day and doing all you can to make them laugh, it's to mumu your self and watch them love another and wait, it's being a bodyguard, a thief, a driver a fool for someone hoping one day they'll get to be loved the way they deserve to even if it's not by you." African queen by 2 face plays and suddenly it feels like the atmosphere calls for love which makes everything feel awkward.

"Abeg abeg Tosin you don go plan wetin to tell your next babe." The thought of him talking about me but I'd rather be in denial.

"My baddest Ani mama, I sha don Dey fear you."

"If you run go na me you go still run back to."He laughs parking the car

*******
I shower thinking of Shola, he was such a shit head I say coming out of the toilet when I hear a knock on the room door. Tosin don't take shit from my house, leave peacefully, ole I scream loud enough. I hear a laugh , when I wrap a towel round my body as I open the door just to see the fool with a tray of eba and Native soup.

"What is dis ?."I say laughing intensely.
"I say lemme just feed a poor soul."
"Idiot." I say grabbing the food and keeping it on the table while he leaves.

I change into my night wear when I hear another knock on the door which I check. On seeing  Tosin innocently standing out with caprison it reminded me of shola and how silly he could get when I'm angry.

"emmm I have something to tell you Anita and I never meant to... while he spoke I couldn't see anything but Shola in him, from the way he looked at me and even to his posture.

"Are you even listening ?." Unfortunately I can't, my heart suddenly speaks and desire leaves my lips on his, the intense pressure of emotions, the closeness of his skin, his sent, I suddenly want to sink my soul into his but wait I catch my breath as he pauses shocked looking into my eyes, I whisper into his ear, I want you Tosin. The night takes us away, his body becomes my humble abode and as souls align the bed becomes our only witness.

*********
In the thick of the night I hear my phone ringing continuously, my eyes is forced to open as I look at Tosin who is still sleeping, I check my phone time which tells its 2am, what sort of urgency wouldn't let me sleep when I see it's my estate guard whose been calling. Heavy Bang sounds follow which makes me alert, gunfires in my home?, my mind suddenly becomes shaky.

" Where's that damn chip." I hear Shola's father scream, Tosin wakes up squeezing my hand not to leave the room.

"Boya esu gbagbo pe esu je looto tabi ko gbagbo pe emi, Balogu Adewale lagbara lati joró yin titi iwọ o fi bẹbẹ fun ominira

Whether you believe the devil is real or not believe that I, Balogu Adewale is capable of tormenting you till you beg for freedom."

*
*
*

SOON ON ALL THINGS PRESENT
"You're opening your legs for this thing while you claim to love my son, let me burst your bubble." He says laughing.
Who  do you think has been blackmailing you?, watching your every move, common guess who's the Judas in your story?"