Epilogue (Parker)

The laughter and squeals in the VIP lounge stop abruptly when Xander enters the room. It's a typical reaction from people when he walks in, and I'm no exception.

We've been seeing each other for four months now, but his presence still gives a tingling sensation in my lower belly and it creeps to my core. It scares me sometimes. I have a high libido - it's not a secret, but how I react to him makes me think I'm a nymph. I've never had enough of him.

He strides toward me and bends to kiss me in front of my friends, tenderly but possessively, making me dizzy from the intensity. For a moment, I forget that we're not alone in the room.

"You made it," I say, beaming at him.

"Told you I would come to your little party."

I wasn't the one who threw this party. The girls came up with the idea to hang out at Code Red to celebrate my important milestone in completing my magister year. It's not an extravagant party, but at least, we deserve a spot on the VIP floor, apart from the disco floor that is crowded with people and blasted with loud music. I'm not paying this time, for an obvious reason, and I almost cried when Brit and Sarah said they'd take care of the bills. They proved my theory wrong about my friends having me only because of my ridiculous generosity.

I'm poor now - I mean, the poorest I've ever been - but they're still here.

"I believe I haven't met some of your friends." Xander turns to the rest of the people and smiles. He met Brit, Sarah, and Brit's boyfriend, Toby, but this is the first time he joins in when I hang out with the full team. All eyes are on him now, drinking his broad posture wrapped in a dark blue suit. Even though he took off his tie, he looks rather out of place being surrounded by us in our informal outfits; it's almost funny.

I jump up and wrap my hand around his upper arm. "So, guys, for you who haven't met him, this is Xander-"

"The Xander," Sarah echoes my introduction.

"The Xander?" Xander repeats.

"Yep, the famous Xander."

He raises an eyebrow. "I didn't know I was famous."

"Among us, you are," Brit replies, followed by approval nods from the rest. Shit, they will rat me out.

"Guys," I warn, glaring at them. "It's not the time."

And of course, Xander will not let it go. "How am I famous again?"

"Well, Parker has been t-"

"Drop. It. Brit."

"Oh, pray tell, because now I'm curious."

Sarah shrugs, flicking her blond hair. "We don't give way information for nothing. One round of drinks, then we shall reveal."

"Make it two," Brit adds.

Xander smirks. "Deal."

"Seriously?" I protest at my best friends. "My dignity is worth two rounds of drinks? Your loyalty is disappointingly cheap!"

"Don't be such a drama queen. You'll live," Sarah replies as she waves her hand in a dismissive gesture. Before I can answer, Dania, Sasha, and Kay rush toward Xander and offer their hands to introduce themselves, Layla and Zach right behind them. They've never done this to a random dude I sometimes brought.

Brit mouths "sorry" at me from where she sits, snuggling up with Toby, but I return her apology with a scowl, even though she knows I won't be angry at her. The only time I was so pissed and stopped talking to her for a week was when she gave my number, without my consent, to a guy she thought would be a good fit for me. It was a long time ago, though.