𝟐𝟎𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘𝟑

𝐍𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐀 𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐘𝐍𝐄 𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐔𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋, 𝐍𝐘JUNE 16th

𝐍𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐀 𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐘𝐍𝐄 𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒
𝐒𝐔𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋, 𝐍𝐘
JUNE 16th

"Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in" Melz teased as Nadia walked into the salon for the first time in 5 days. Estrella and Nadia laughed at Melz's actions. "Leave me alone Melonie. Wassup everybody" she greeted all the older women who were getting their hair done. Everyone responded as Nadia headed straight towards the back to put all her bags down.

It didn't take long. She tied her cosmetic apron on and headed right back out. It was 9 a.m. and the salon was packed. Her first head of the day was going to be there in less than 30 minutes. She sat down in the empty chair at her station, watching everyone talk and gossip as they got their hair done. "How was your break mija?" Estrella asked, glancing back at Nadia as she trimmed one lady's ends.

"It was... fun" she answered honestly. Estrella side-eyed at her vagueness before humming in response. "What about that boy you're talking to?" She questioned and a few gasps sounded throughout the room.

"Now star, you know you're dead wrong" Estrella's best friend, Tanya chuckled from under the hair dryer. "What??" Estrella responded with a playful eye roll. "You letting your daughter-in-law talk to someone else knowing damn well that boy gonna marry her," Tanya said and a lot of the older women agreed making Nadia blush.

Thank God for this skinnn she thought as she laughed at their agreement chatter.

"Marriage is crazy" Nadia muttered, but they all heard her. "Don't tell me you one of those..." another woman by the name of Sarah spoke from Melonie's chair.

Tanya was a heavier-set brown-skinned woman with beautiful long hair that was turning gray at the roots. Sarah was a younger woman, about mid 30s. She was of Afro-Latina descent, had light skin, and curly hair, and was all skin and bones.

Nadia laughed at their judging faces, spinning in the hair chair. "Y'all glazin. Y'all odeeeeeee" she dragged cackling. "One of what Ms.Sarah?"

"One of those 'oh marriage is pointless' type folks. Y'all younger generations find a problem with any and everything" she expressed. Nadia frantically shook her head no with an amused smile. "No, definitely not. I wanna be married and in love with my hundred and one kids and little puppy," she spoke.

The ladies erupted in a fit of laughter. Estrella awed at the dreamy look in Nadia's eyes as she spoke. "One hundred and one kids? Nadia, you'll definitely rethink that after one" A lady named Keisha spoke.

"Nah for real. I've always been a one-and-done type of person but when I was pushing out Amiri's fat head ass, Ian want NONEEE" Melz spoke and Nadia shrugged.