Sick and Injured

Taking care of an injured spouse when he's injured was rough enough, but when he also gets sick, that just adds to the drama!

'Yeah, that so called small cut on his leg got infected. Fever's under control, his mood though, understandably grouchy. (loud groan coming from the bed room). Excuse me, he just woke up.' Hetty said, then hung up the phone.

'Need more ice! I'm burning up!' Granger shouted.

'Your fever is not that high, and do try to keep your leg elevated.' Hetty patiently replied, handing him another ice pack.

'I hate all of this! Why did this have to happen?! Couldn't you have told me to check that wound before it got worse?!'

'Uh, I DID try to tell you! You ignored me, remember?!'

'Jeez, no need to sound so jerky about it!' Granger grumbled.

'Me?! (scoffs). You're the one acting like a jerk! Just because you're sick doesn't give you a reason to mouth off at me since I'm the one taking care of you!' Hetty exclaimed.

Granger rolled his eyes.

'I'll be back in a bit with your soup.'

Later that day.

'Sorry.' Granger muttered.

'I understand. But, can you try not to act so overdramatic when I'm trying to take care of you?' Hetty asked.

'Jeez woman, do you have to ask for so much?'

Hetty rolled her eyes in amusement.