The balance of the profane/sacred antinomy as a strengthening of... Part 3

Chapter 2The balance of the profane/sacred antinomy and the body/spirit as a strengthening of thehealing process 

Alternatively, I will use the term matter/spirit4 or body/spirit antinomy. They seem to be exactlywhat I consider to be the pattern, the arche, and the main axis of inner, psychological, mental, and emotional tension that animates thought and action. Of course, this is the basic factor of spiritual development. Using its sacrum/profane form, I refer directly to the feeling that spiritual development determines progress in achieving normalization, relative mental stability, psychological well-being and subjective happiness. This second shot is a clarification of the previous one. Their source is Greek philosophy (Plato), Gnosticism, both approaches are also the subject of Christian reflection. The spirit/body antinomy has a very practical application. It creates a formula or recommendation in terms ofthe art of living, it is a proportion of the practice of balanced living that ensures the maximum level of personal satisfaction. A question can be asked: What is this well-being and what are its main parameters? In answering this question, it is good to recall that in positive psychology, well-being takes the form of subjective, psychological and emotional well-being. Mental health isalso worth mentioning. Subjective well-being consists of: satisfaction with life and positive emotions. Psychological well-being is: autonomy, positive relationships, environmental mastery, self-acceptance, life purpose and personal development (Ryff '89). Mental health, according to Keys, includes three types of well-being: emotional, psychological and social.5 The body/spirit ratio is in fact the method and object of meditation. This is its role, it is tobecome a guide, a model of ideal proportions, a superior scheme, the basis of harmony, aguarantor of achieving life goals and fulfillment. It can be said to be the basic model of happiness. Body/spirit is the ratio of managing autonomy - a critical feature for achieving psychological well-being. Understanding the importance of autonomy in life is not only a basic condition for mental health, but also means a higher level of individual and psycho-spiritual fulfillment in life. Every other form of balance that our experience and mindfulness takes part inseems to be only a splinter of the primary one, they appear to us as secondary and the effect ofincorporating the basic arche into the orbit of consciousness. For balance and parallel arche is the nucleus of change and psycho-spiritual processes and is no different from the twin proportion known as the life-death drive.Although I try to approach the latter with great respect, aware of the effects of delving into itsmeaning, this time I will make an exception, because it will allow you to better understand the meaning of the former. The paradox is that the terms body and spirit have an ambiguous meaning. The body is one thing to itself, and the body to the spirit, and vice versa, the spirit to itself and the other to the body. Both things (realities), categories want to express themselves and strive to be concrete in action. Each of them, however, understands the meaning of realization differently. They are two separate dimensions, arranged synchronously and in accordance with each other (!). The paradox is that the condition for concretizing the meaning,or perhaps better to say - the effect, is the loss of oneself or a fragment, which in practice means that the implementation of one's own goals has a positive effect on the implementation ofthe opposing force, thanks to which we have a kind of axial mechanism (arche, the principle of things, the Logos), which is the drive of the course and psychophysical processes of the cosmos. The moment of losing a part of oneself (not completely, because there would be no conditions for concretization) is, in a way, the moment of death or dying, which serves as anecessary condition for maintaining the tendency of one's own finalization. This principle applies to the realm of the body as well as the spirit. Thus, not only the body dies (fragmentally), but also the spirit. The death of the spirit is required to create room and space for the body, and the end of the body is necessary to allow the spirit to express itself more fully. In other words, the mechanism and tension of the arche drive is that the body must die to create the spirit, and the spirit dies so that the body can be revived. In this sense, death and birth (and on another level -hatred and consumption) are an inseparable unity and act as operational poles in the rotor of our experiences and lives. The bipolar character of the forces expressed after Schopenhauer as the drive of hatred and the drive of consumption and life can be seen in the elements of the Indian concept of the jiva (livingorganism, soul). The jiva is characterized by three qualities: jnata (jnata), "to know", bhokta, "to feel pleasure and pain", and karta, "to act". In the aspect of feeling the jiva, one can find aforeshadowing of Schopenhauer's proportions, who apparently correctly read its parameters, did not underestimate them, and actually drew appropriate conclusions based on them.