❀ Rose Tinted Glasses ❀

"Please, just let me sleep!!" I whined, struggling to keep my eyes closed as Xiao continuously rocked my shoulders.

"I'm tired-"

"Come on, let's get to the cafe already, we've got to study!" He replied, continuing to barrage my arms with gentle teasing punches. I heaved a long sigh, finally opening my eyes. The harsh sunlight assaulted my eyes as I instinctively flinched, almost falling out of my desk. Xiao let out a small chuckle. He stood up and stretched his arms, then plopped his hand down onto the top of my head to ruffle my messy hair. I felt my cheeks blush a crimson hue, and in an attempt to hide it; I quickly leapt out of my chair and turned away.

"Fine, let's go then."

Xiao and I soon arrived at the cafe, the warm sun shone on my back. It truly was the perfect day! The two of us sat ourselves down at one of the corner tables and began working. Hours passed by, and I found myself becoming more and more restless, the only thing I could do was stare at Xiao's neverending golden eyes as my heart pounded. It was a strange thought, but his eyes made me feel safe, like nothing bad would ever come across me, as long as I stayed in his presence.

"What are you looking at? Is there something on my face?" He asked bluntly, giving me a puzzled look. My eyes darted across his face, I tried to look away, but I just couldn't. I ended up shifting my entire body towards the other side of the room.

"N-no, I was just zoning out haha," I said, slowly turning back.

"But is it alright if we go take a break? I'm already kinda tired of this,"

"If you say so," he said with a faint smile, once again standing up and stowing his things away, all the while I continued to gaze at him, mesmerised by his beauty.

After a peaceful walk back home, the glorious day finally came to a close. My best friend since childhood, and crush since middle school... Had spent an entire day with a wallflower like me. I really am living the best life.

Truly... A perfect... Day... And with that, I drifted off into a tranquil sleep.

﹋﹋

384 words

Author's note: pulled xiao a couple weeks ago, the only thing i feel is joy ugh i love him wtf

Written by owner of this account/Coco