Chapter 1

As the first gentle rays of sunlight streamed through my window, they played a warm, golden symphony on my closed eyelids.With each passing second, its luminous embrace pulled me from the depths of sleep, inviting me to embrace the morning and its possibilities.

The weight of a dreadful past, an anchor of guilt that I've carried for years, is a relentless burden on my soul.

It lingers like a shadow, a constant reminder of choices made and actions taken that I wish I could undo. Each day, it whispers its haunting refrain, a reminder of the pain I've caused and the regret that stains my conscience.

The guilt I carry serves as a reminder that I have the power to change, to learn from my past transgressions, and to seek forgiveness from those I've wronged.

It's a journey, a path towards healing and reconciliation, and while the burden remains, it also carries the potential for transformation and a brighter future.

The gloomy day when I lost my father in front of my eyes was etched into my memory like a painful scar.

It was a moment that shattered my world and left me feeling helpless, watching the life slowly slip away from the person I loved dearly.

The grief and anguish that followed were overwhelming, but amidst the darkness, a spark of determination ignited within me.

The journey to becoming a doctor was arduous, filled with long nights of study, countless exams, and the constant reminder of the pain I had witnessed.

However, I persevered, drawing strength from my father's memory and the belief that I could make a positive impact on the lives of others.
Every patient I treated, every life I saved, was a tribute to him.

That's when my Ma knocked my door taking me out of my world of illusions and delusions.
She is the power I have from the age of 17 when I started to work for my family when our  pillar of the family left us. When I was 17 I worked my ass off in giving my brother a well environment to study and my mom a simple life with " do wakt ki roti"

"Ma aa Rahi hu , ruke jara,"I screamed wearing my cream formal pants with white shirt carrying my jwellery ( stethoscope) and my car keys.

-outfit of Ritika

When I went down to the dining area I saw my mom moving around scolding my brother for not bringing her vada pau when he just came home from morning walk.

"Tu yidhar aa , jaldi aa" my mother shout at my brother
" mamma, sorry na mai bhulgaya." My brother told
" tu sab kuch bhul jayega ekdin." My mom told pulling his ears.
" are Maaaaaaaaaa." My brother exclaimed

I just love them bickering , they provide me different kind of strength and hope
I was laughing , when my mom attention came towards me and suddenly my face was filled with dar.

"Aap kyu yitni has rahi ho , ghar ki maharani , aap ko har subha uthana padta hai , kaise rahengi tu apni sasural mai?" Uggh I know that aap has different kind of tana in it.

" Ma, first sasural, mai kabhi shadi nahi karne wali hu , mai aap ke sath khus hu." I told showing no interest in marriage and all

Suddenly the flying chappal landed on my head and I exclaimed," aaaaaa mammaa."

"Chup kar tu , shadi nahi karelia kehti hai, tere liye ab mai ladka dhundungi tu mana nahi karsakthi warna mai mar jaungi."

Ugh the emotional blackmail I murmered to myself and went out of my house carrying sandwich in my hand as I was already late for my hospital.

"Bye Ma , bye bhai"
"Bye di"
"Bye riti."

I started my car and went towards hospital.
I looked at my hospital "THE DESAI HOSPITAL." that I built from my own determination and struugles for my family., for my dear papa.
As I walk through the corridors of Desai Hospital, witnessing the dedicated staff and the lives we touch, I am reminded that the struggles and sacrifices were all worth it. The hospital stands as a symbol of love and happiness born from my own journey, a legacy of compassion.
Every life saved, every smile restored, and every patient's gratitude fills me with immense joy.

When i reached my cabin i found a queue of patient waiting and I rushed to my place. I keep on checking the patient when my phone suddenly notified with my mother's text. "Meri dost ki beta aur uski dada ji ja rahe hai tujh se check up karane unhe ache se dekhna please."

" thik hai ma , lekin aap ke dost ka kuch naam pata to kahiye." I texted her back

" Rohan aur uska dada ji veer malhotra ja rahe hai."

When suddenly my cabins door opened introducing a very young handsome man wearing his black suit who looks like a model with his dada ji.

-outfit of Rohan

I greeted them with namaskar and told them to take their seat. I was asking different medical relates questions to know about complexities. My focus solely was on the dada ji but the guy next to dada ji was staring at me as if he was looking on the scattered soul inside me and was examining me which left me startled as well as nervous because not at guy till now had this effect on me.

After a whole process of checkup. I prescribed some test and medicines and gestured them to have some tea and snacks as they were someone my mother knew so I should give them respect

The guy spoke , " Is baar rehne dijiye, agli baar jarur piyenge."
I was so startled that I forgot to talk back and I saw one guard escorting him and his dada ji out of my cabin but the guy came back  and told , "I am Rohan Malhotra, aur aap?"  I don't know why but that aap word from him led something inside me feel with butterflies.
I extended my hand ," Ritika , Ritika Desai." He shaked my hand spreading tingles around my skin all over the body.

I don't know if he saw the effect he had on me or what but he smirked and left me there shocked.

The day passed by me checking different patients  with some surgery at last and I went home.

As soon as I opened the door of my home , my brother and my ma started screaming and asking me , " kaise laga, rohan?"
I was shocked that I didn't have the things to proceed.
" kya kai rahe hai aap , ma?"

"THE ROHAN, MY FRIENDS SON, HIS FAMLY HAD SENT THE MARRIAGE PROPOSAL FOR YOU."

I was completely in shock , very shocked.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Tell me guys how do you think this story will go.
I hope I get around 50 votes so that I could post another chapter.
Give me some suggestions and also feedbacks hehe.
Love you sweethearts💋💋
What do you think about our handsome character?
Whose pov should it be now?"