Chapter 5

Ritika's pov
.
.
.

The bright sun of the morning today felt different, as if it was casting a new light on my life.

A subtle yet profound change had taken place, leaving me with a sense of transformation and anticipation for the future.

The events of yesterday, meeting Rohan and his family, and the sudden change in my life – from having a boyfriend to soon becoming his fiancée and eventually his wife – felt incredibly surreal.

The rapid transformation left me in awe, realizing how swiftly life can change and how unexpected encounters can lead to beautiful beginnings.

Amidst the beautiful moments unfolding, the shadows of my past continued to haunt me, making it difficult to fully embrace the happiness.

The thought of sharing my broken pieces with Rohan weighed heavily on my mind, creating a sense of vulnerability and fear.

The fear of judgment and the worry that Rohan might perceive me differently haunted my thoughts.

What if he misunderstood my past, mistaking me for the culprit when, in reality, I was the victim?

Grabbing my formals I went to get ready leaving every thoughts behind.

The day had been incredibly hectic, with I checking almost 50 patients.

My body felt exhausted from the long hours of work, and now, as the day drew to a close, it was finally time to head home.

Feeling a mix of frustrations and confusion, I couldn't understand why Rohan hasn't texted me after yesterday night and this was killing me from inside.

"Waise toh bohot Acha boyfriend banunga kaha tha"
(Translation: he has told he would be the best boyfriend ever but he is not even texting)

I started grabbing my things so that I could leave now.

As I was about to leave, a knock interrupted my thoughts. Sita Ma'am ( 50 year old woman who works as nurse in the desai hospital) entered my cabin, informing me that someone had come to meet me.

Assuming it might be one of my patients, I instructed Sita Ma'am to send the person in.

I  was in the midst of packing my bags when the person arrived, leaning against the door.

I absentmindedly asked him to take a seat without really looking at him, my focus consumed by arranging my belongings.

As I turned to look at the person who had entered, I was stunned to see Rohan standing there, holding a massive bouquet of 1000 tulips in one hand and a cute bag in the other.

His unexpected arrival took me by surprise, leaving me speechless and filled with a mix of emotions.

The sight of Rohan with the grand bouquet of tulips and the cute bag stirred a flurry of butterflies in my stomach.

He handed me bouquet and a bag filled with rafaello ,my favourite chocolate and asked "kaisi hai aap , miss girlfriend?"( how are you, miss girlfriend)
I said "Thank you so much Ro, I am really happy now after getting these , how are you?"

"Did you just give me a nickname? Oh my god, oh my god!" He exclaimed ."I feel like I am flying in the air right now. You are just so, so, so mesmerizing, I just want to kiss you right now." The intensity of his emotions for me was undeniable.

My cheeks flushed with shyness, and I couldn't help but grin in response to his words.

He looked at me with a warm smile and said, "So, Miss Girlfriend, my mom asked me to bring you for today's dinner, so I just came to pick you up. Would you like to go?" His inviting words filled me with a sense of excitement, and I nodded eagerly, feeling grateful for the opportunity to spend more time with him and his family.