Chapter 9

Ritika's pov

The days following the engagement were filled with moments of closeness.

He would visit me for lunch, and I would accompany him for our morning chai, creating a surreal and dreamlike atmosphere around us.

With Rohan, I've discovered a love that fills me with warmth and comfort, something I've always longed for.

I removed my apron and sighed, feeling a mix of exhaustion after a day of surgeries.

Each time I hold the syringe and needle, it feels like I'm breathing life back into my father, one step at a time.

Arriving home after completing my surgery, I entered to find the house eerily silent, a stark contrast to what I was accustomed to. The lights were off, adding to the unusual atmosphere.

As i was exhausted, I placed my belongings on the table and sank into the sofa.

Moments later, the lights flickered to life, revealing the entire family, including Rohan, my mom, and my brother, gathered around me.

My mom said, "aaj hum sab tum dono ka engagement ka video aur photos dekhne k liye gather huwe hai aur hum sabko tumhe suprise dena tha" I was overwhelmed with happiness, tears welled up in my eyes, and my smile stretched so wide that it felt like my lips were about to touch my ears.

All of us started gathering, and we, the children along with our mom, settled on the mat on the floor, while uncle and dad settled on the sofa.

Rohan settled right beside me, grabbing my waist and pulling me towards him.

I shot him a glare, indicating that we were with family, but he didn't give a damn and started tickling my waist.

After watching a series of our engagement videos and photos, everybody around us hooted and cheered.

We felt shy and looked down, overwhelmed by the attention.

We continued laughing and dancing happily, and Rohan's family was invited to stay overnight at our home. Everyone was overjoyed.

Armaan , my devar , came and started gesturing his hand as microphone and asked ," Bhabi Ma, Aap ko mera bhai kaise achee lag gaye." I burst into giggles in response to his playful question, while Rohan shot him a glare and said, "Yeee kya keh raha hai tu ?" " kuch nahi bhai hehe " He returned his quick answer. They started chasing each other and I was laughing so hard.

Riya came closer to me and said, "Bhabi, didn't you hide it well?" I couldn't understand what she meant and asked, " Aap kya keh rahi hai Riya?"

I was so embarrassed and covered it with my hand, then she said something that left me in shock, "Don't be shy, bhabi, your brother used to do the same." Her face became pale when she realized her words, and she looked toward Ritik and me, both of us wearing a similar expression. Ritik was looking between us with a frown on his face, and Riya excused herself hastily.

I saw Ritik heading towards Riya, and I sensed that something was definitely going on between them.

I stopped him and said, " Abhi Uske piche mat jao . Aaj tak tune yesa kuch bataya nahi hai, but one thing, love doesn't happen with everyone. Don't let it slip away. Who knows what might happen tomorrow? . And yes, don't keep secrets from me."

He nodded and went to his room, and I headed to mine to freshen up .

I changed into a simple plain kurti and salwar, taking a relaxing bath. After 15 minutes, I felt rejuvenated and ready to join everyone for dinner.