Enough is Enough

Mounting Hippolyta, I made my way back to the mountains, my keen eyes picking out the descending fighters, spotting Toruk from its position at the front of the convoy.  I began making my way to the front, systematically taking out any choppers I passed, giving the humans enough time to bail out before sending it into either a cliff face or another chopper. It grew more difficult as the soldiers communicated their plight to those ahead of them.

  It became a dangerous dance as more and more choppers focused their fire on me, though some of them were getting taken out by warriors. Making a decision, I jumped from the back of Hippolyta, letting myself fall as she got out of range. Moving my arms around me, I began spinning through the air, forming a massive tornado around me. It deflected the bullets away from me, causing them to hit other choppers. They became more unstable as the tornado around me grew, sending them careening into one another.

  They finally gave up their goal, turning back to escort the shuttle, which was now very bogged down by our warriors. Letting out a sharp whistle, I fell spread eagle as I watched Hippolyta move into position below me, slowing so that I landed on her back. I quickly made tsaheylu before directing her to move towards the shuttle.

  We circled above the fighting as I looked for an opening to reach the surface. Jumping once again, I softened my landing before standing again. I had landed at the nose of the shuttle, but above the windows that could see out. Removing my glaive from my back, I made my way to the defensive mounds placed along the back.

  I was untouchable, moving like a dancer through the haze of gunfire and smoke, disarming and knocking out as many soldiers as I could. Looking up, I saw toruk coming down, ducking as it skimmed overhead, dropping Jake on the shuttle. I made my way to the back of the shuttle, about to leap off when I was stopped by an intense pain in my chest.

  Looking down, I was confused to see that I was fine, but it didn't take long for me to realize what it was. Searching, I managed to find Tsu'tey's body, his soul, once like a beacon to me, flickering dangerously as he fell from an aircraft.

  "No." 

  I jumped, bending the air around me to get to him before he hit the tree line. Catching him, I twisted us so that I fell first, using my body as a brace as we fell to the forest floor. Ignoring the pain of the impact, I moved to feel his pulse, my breath catching in my throat as I felt its weakness.

  Gathering some water from the air around us, I quickly moved my hands to his chest, putting all my focus into healing his body. I blocked out everything, the sounds of battle, the rumble of the earth from debris hitting the ground. I wasn't even aware that I was pulling energy from the surrounding nature, plants quickly turning black as I put more and more focus into healing him.

  I only relaxed when I finally felt his heartbeat, sure and strong. Opening my eyes, they met his half-lidded gaze as he gave me a weak smile. Letting out a breathy chuckle, I smiled at him, ignoring the tears that trailed down my cheeks as I cupped his face in mine, pressing a gentle kiss to his forehead.

  I only allowed us a moment before I returned to the matter at hand. Letting out a call, I waited until a small group of warriors came into view. I instructed them to take him back to the Tree of Souls, moving away as they swarmed him.

  "Atalanta!" I paused, turning to look back at them. Tsu'tey was struggling to stand, though his eyes were trained on me. "I know you wanted peace-" 

  "Don't worry," he blinked, surprised by the coldness of my voice as I turned away from him, "This has made it clear that peace was never an option."

  The rage I had been holding back rose easily to the surface, and I wielded it readily as my eyes glowed a vibrant blue white.

.........................

  The skies, previously clear blue, quickly grew dark and stormy, lightning and thunder cracking through the sky. As if forewarned, the Na'vi that previously surrounded the convoy fell back at the sight of the unnatural storm, fleeing for the edges of the clouds that seemed to only cover the convoy. It made the soldiers uneasy, though a sharp bark from Quatrich kept them in formation, however uneasily.

  Even Quatrich was stopped, however, by the sight of a figure enclosed in an aura of blue white light. Even from this distance, they knew exactly who this was, and the knowledge sent shivers of fear down their spines.

  "This is your last warning," her voice boomed out of her, louder than the thunder that clapped ominously from above. "Turn back or die."

  Several of the rear guard immediately turned to return to base, and when they were unimpeded, more followed, until only the shuttle remained. Even without access to their comms, she could hear Quatrich cursing like a sailor in the cabin.

  She began moving her arms around her, beginning to from bolts of lightning between her fingertips. She held at the last moment, locking eyes with Quatrich before she unleashed the lightning on the shuttle. The sky was lit up an electric blue, drawing every eye that could see it to the sky, before it was changed to an explosive mix of yellow and orange.

  The shuttle exploded brilliantly, the bombs meant for the Tree aiding its downfall. Undeterred, she moved to the ground, following the soul that seemed determined to continue living.

  The true embodiment of a cockroach.