Epilogue

Alec didn't leave Magnus's side from the second they left the institute to the moment they stepped through the portal to their apartment. Angel, it felt good to be home. Luke, Simon, Raphael, Ragnor and Catarina were waiting for them with the unconscious body of Jocelyn; when they fled from Valentine's headquarters, they sent Simon and Raphael with Jocelyn to their apartment, not wanting to lead her back to the Clave before they had the chance to wake her up.

"Alec," Catarina said, breaking away from the group to hug him, "I'm so glad you're back. Magnus was a mess without you."

"I can imagine," Alec said, hugging the warlock back, "Thank you for looking after him when I was gone."

"You make it sound like I can't look after myself," Magnus complained. Alec and Catarina shared a fond look as they parted. Alec instantly attaches himself to Magnus' side.

"Right, time to wake up Jocelyn Fairchild," Magnus said as they approached her. Raphael handed Magnus a white leather bonded book.

"Do you really think this is gonna work?" Luke said as he moved to stand beside Jocelyn, ready to catch her when she dropped.

"Let us hope," Magnus said, snapping his fingers and activating his magic. Magnus' blue magic flowed from his hand around Jocelyn as he spoke Chthonian, chanting the spell before Jocelyn's bubble broke. Luke dove forward, catching her, cradling her against his chest as Jocelyn came too.

"I got you," he said.

"Luke," Jocelyn said as she hugged him. They stood there for a minute, Jocelyn still in Luke's arms, clinging to one another before Luke gently put her down. Jocelyn turns to look at everyone else, her eyes surveying everyone surrounding her, her eyes briefly pausing on Simon before moving on, looking for someone in particular.

"Where's Clary?" Jocelyn asked, looking up at Luke, who sighed.

"How about we go to mine? I'll fill you in with everything that's happened," Luke said as he loosely wrapped his arm around Jocelyn's shoulder, "Magnus, thank you."

"If Jocelyn has any side effects, please let me know," Magnus said. Luke nodded, guiding Jocelyn to the front door before disappearing through. Alec pitted Luke for the conversation he was going to have with Jocelyn about Clary; Luke had already said he wouldn't hide anything from her, including Clary's behaviour in the Shadowworld.

"Well, now that's over, Martinis anyone," Magnus said, snapping his fingers as a martini appeared in his and Alec's hands.

"Actually, we have an announcement to make," Simon said, looking both excited and nervous. Alec looked over at his best friend; as Simon looked at Raphael, the couple spoke to each other through their expressions before Raphael wrapped his arm around Simon's shoulder.

"Raphael and I are engaged," Simon said.

"Congratulations," Alec said, putting his martini down before hugging Simon. Out of the corner of his eye, Alec saw Magnus doing the same to Raphael.

"When did he ask you?" Alec asked as he pulled away from Simon.

"What makes you think I didn't ask him," Simon said, his eyebrow raised. Alec ignored the snort from Raphael as he returned his raised eyebrow with an expression of 'seriously' on his face; Simon caved quickly.

"Before Magnus found you. Raphael wanted me to stay behind, to keep me safe, but I wasn't about to abandon you. In the end, Raphael proposed," Simon said before looking at Alec, "I know nothing about wedding planning; I saw hoping you would help me."

"I don't really have much experience either, but I help wherever you need me," Alec said. Magnus was in charge of their wedding planning, but that was mainly to do with Magnus knowing what was needed for a Warlock Bonding Ceremony. However, he'd happily help his best friend with any wedding plans.