Chapter 28

👠 Alani 👗

The sun rays peeked in through the window. I groaned and made to stand up when I felt a sharp pain in my womanhood. It reminded me of yesterday and I blushed. I felt sour.

I turned around and couldn't find Nalan. I felt bad that he left me alone in the bed after making love to me.

The bathroom door opened and Nalan walked out with a smile.

"Good morning Heart". He said and placed a kiss on my lips.

"Good morning". I replied.

He just smiled at me and I blushed in embarrassment. That was when I realized I was naked and quickly grabbed the sheets to cover myself.

"Still shy around me?" He asked and I nodded.

"You don't have to be". He said.

"I thought you left to attend to duties". I said and sighed silently in relief.

"No love. I went to prepare you a warm bath. I heard it helps reduce the pain". He said and I gasped.

"You went to prepare me a bath?"

"Of course. Haila will be here soon to change the sheets". He replied and I realized it was bloodstained. The proof of my innocence.

"We don't want the water to get cold now do we?" He asked and swooped me in his arms, bridal style.

I sighed and placed my head on his chest.

"I love you Nalan". I confessed.

He stopped for a minute. I raised up my head to look at him. He stared at me before slamming his lips on mine.

"I love you Alani". He said.

We got to the bathroom and he placed me in the tub. I sighed and sank deeper into the tub.

He began washing my body and I gasped when his hands grazed my nipples.

"Heart, if you don't control your sounds, we are gonna have another round here". He said and I blushed.

A knock sounded on the chamber door. Nalan poked his head out.

"Come in". He said and soon enough, I heard the door close.

"That was Haila". He said.

"Don't worry, I've ordered her to wash it discreetly". He added and I nodded in appreciation.

"I have some papers to finish off. I don't want you to be lonely. If you don't have plans for today, you can join me". He said as I slid out of the tub and wrapped myself in a towel.

"I'm planning on visiting mother". I said.

"Alright. Take care Heart". He said and kissed my forehead before grabbing his cape and crown and walking out.

After Haila came to help me dress up, I went to visit mother.

"I heard you finally did it yesternight". Mother said.

She was now on her bed in her chambers.

"Mother who told you that?" I said, cringing in embarrassment.

"Oh! Sefan!" She replied.

Just then, the devil himself walked in. I whipped my head towards him and glared hard.

"How dare you?" I asked and he shrugged indifferently.

"How did it go?" He asked, ignoring me.

"You devil!" I said and he chuckled.

"Oh Lani!" He said and chuckled.

"Oh Sefan!" I said before lunging myself at him.

***three weeks later***
👠 Alani 👗

My stomach rumbled so loud. My head spined. This few weeks have been heaven with Nalan. We bond almost every night.

"Heart, is the food not to your taste?" Nalan asked.

"It's just that......" Bile rose to my throat and I rushed out of my seat to empty all the contents in my stomach.

"Heart are you alright?" Nalan asked. In a swift, he was beside me, rubbing my back.

"I'm just nauseous and dizzy". I confessed.

"Should I call the physician?" He asked.

"No need for that". Mother spoke from the dining table.

"Why's that?" Nalan asked.

The next three words she said, caused me to loose consciousness.

"She is pregnant".

***months later***
👢 Nalan 🎩

I sat at the head of the table with the council members.

It's been months now and Alani's stomach has really bulged out.

I believe it will be a son and I speak to him every morning before I leave and at night before I sleep. Alani's condition has been tiring me out. Emotional traumas and all sorts of things.

I heard a sob from the other side of the double doors.

"Open the door". I ordered the guards that stood guard on the inside.

The door opened to reveal a crying Alani.

"What is it Heart?" I asked as I stood up from the table and walked towards her.

"They won't let me see you". She said and sobbed louder.

I sighed and the council members shot me pitiful looks.

"It's okay. I'm here, what do you want to see me for?" I asked rubbing her shoulder.

"I just missed your scent so I wanted to come and sniff you". She said and I stared at her in shock.

"Huh!?"

She bursted out crying again.

"What is it now?" I asked, clearly frustrated.

"You think I'm crazy now don't you? You are just gonna forget about me and go marry another woman". She said and sobbed more louder.

Oh goodness! Every day, new drama.

"No Heart, I'll never dump you. I'd rather go insane too". I said and patted her back.

"Does that mean I'm insane?" She asked, sniffing loudly.

I sighed and rubbed my temples.

"Oh! Now you are tired of me right?" She asked and began crying again. It took everything in me not to yell at her.

"No Heart, I can never be tired of you". I replied.

"Nal, make love to me here". She whispered and began tugging on my cape.

Huh!?