Chapter 32

***a night to Alani's birthday***
👢 Nalan 🎩

"I want you all to burst into the room immediately the bell chimes. Be on alert okay?" I whispered to my children.

"Father, this same thing better be done on my birthday". Diane replied in her usual jealous manner.

"We'll do it father". Darla said.

"How about you Darren?" I asked.

"I'll do it". He replied.

"Now when your mother comes to tuck you in, pretend to be asleep okay?" I said and they nodded.

I had made arrangements for Alani's birthday.

At the clock of twelve, the bell will be sounding and an orchestra will start playing from the great hall. At that point, the children will come in and sing her a birthday song before presenting their gifts. Mine will come last.

"Why am I not in on the plan?" Someone said behind me. I turned around, startled.

"Oh! Mother Selena, sorry about that!" I said to Alani's mother.

"Don't sorry me!" She said in her usual scary manner.

"Fine! What do you have in mind?" I asked her.

"Why don't you do it this way, leave to the great hall before the bell chimes. When it chimes, she'll wake up. Then the music accompanies. Knowing Alani very well, she'll be curious to know what is happening and will come to the hall. Immediately she opens the doors, everyone sings the birthday song. The gifts are being presented and we feast to dusk. I believe lots of people have gifts for our Queen". She said and I found reason in it.

"It is settled then. Why don't you organize it. I'll go tell the children there's a change in plans". I finally said.

"Off you go!" She shooed me away.

I gathered all the children in Diane's chambers. It would have been in Darla's chambers since she is the tidiest but Diane will obviously throw a fit.

After telling them, I went back to my chambers. Alani was already in her nightwear, waiting for me. I didn't bother about the arrangements, my mother in law was capable enough.

"How was your day Love?" She asked as I slipped into a night robe.

"Hectic!" I replied and sat on the bed as she knelt behind me and began massaging my shoulders.

Her full breast pressed into my back. The past years has not even touched her. She is still as beautiful as the first time I set my eyes on her.

She placed kisses on wherever she touched.

"Someone's looking for trouble!" I said with a smile.

"I don't know what you are talking about!" She replied, as innocent as possible.

Swiftly, I caged her to the bed and kissed the life out of her.

"I thought someone was tired!" She said in a husky voice.

"I thought someone didn't know what I was talking about!" I replied in the same husky tone.

I stared down at her body that was visible through the night robe.

"You will be the end of me!" I whispered before claiming her lips.

After we had made love. I hummed softly to her and she soon drifted to sleep.

I watched and waited. As soon as midnight approached, I slipped out of bed.

👠 Alani 👗

A loud sound shook me awake. I gasped and looked around, Nalan was not in the room and it was not yet dawn.

The sound continued persistently and I soon realized it was the bell. Is there an attack on the Kingdom? Is that why Nalan left the room?

As I was about to slip into my training wear, the bell stopped and soft orchestra wafted the air.

I heaved a sigh of relief but curiosity got the best of me.

I slipped into a gown and left the chambers. The guards were still outside the door, strong and silent as a statue.

I pushed the door handles to the children's rooms and realized the doors were locked.

'They are probably sleeping and locked the doors from the inside'. I thought.

My children! Nothing can wake them.

The noise was from the great hall. I walked out of the hallway and went towards it.

Immediately I flung the door open, voices rose.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday our dear Queen! Happy birthday to you!" They sang.

Tears stung my eyes as I watched them all. All the nobles, villagers and everyone were here. I chuckled when I heard Nalan and Sefan's off key voice.

They did all this for me. I cried so hard and ran to engulf Nalan in a hug.

"I belief I'm the brain behind this. I deserve the hug not him". Mother said from beside me.

"But I thought of it first. I'm the brain". Nalan countered.

"You're the skull, I'm the brain!" Mother said.

After everyone wished me a happy birthday, they brought forward their gift.

Darla gifted me with a baby's towel.

"Why such gift?" I asked her.

"I need another grandchild". She said, mimicking mother with a giggle.

Diane gifted me with a bar of chocolate.

"Thank you pumpkin". I said and she smiled.

Darren gifted me with a beautiful gold shield. How warlike of him.

He said he asked the blacksmith to craft it.

Sefan gifted me with a diamond studded dagger.

Mother and Melissa gifted me with baby cribs.

I shook my head and chuckled. What type of people are these?

I looked around for Nalan but couldn't sight him anywhere.

After everyone had presented their gifts, I thanked them all.

Just then, the door opened and Nalan walked in with a beautiful chest in hand.

He brought it to me and asked me to close my eyes.

When I opened them, I gasped and pulled out the vase that lay within.

It was beautiful, just like my favorite vase that Diane had broken. But this one was different.

The spear I held in hand had a slight similarity to the shield Darren gave me.

"Oh Nalan!" I exclaimed and kissed him hard as tears streamed down my face.

How did my life become so blessed?