Margaret

Margaret's POV:
TW: mentions of suicide

    What is that supposed to mean? I thought as I walked away from Catherine. The boy, Francis, seemed friendly enough... Maybe there's something in their records that I can go off of.

    I decided that this was the best course of action and made my way down to the records library I had been shown on my tour..

I opened the large wooden gate to the library.

It was heavenly! There were dark oak stained tables and shelves, with comfy chairs set around the entire room. There was an elegant carved staircase on each side of the room, leading up to more shelving. Pillars lined each bookshelf, adorned with lively green vines. Plus, everything was organized by alphabetical order! It was wonderful!

I walked over to the "F" section and started searching. My god, there were a lot of records, more than there could possibly be children.

    At last, I found what I was looking for. The records for the Forsythes!

    I opened Francis's first. It read:

"BAILEY'S ORPHANAGE
            Child Care

DETAILS OF ORPHAN:

Name: Francis James Forsythe

Age: 9 years

Date of birth: May 4th, 1912

    Details of Parents/Guardians

Father name: (Blank)

Date of death: Unknown. Cause of death: Unknown

Mother name: (Blank)

Mother alive? No. If dead, give cause: Suicide

        SIGNED BY: (Blank)"

    "Poor kids," I said. Then I opened Virginia's:

    "BAILEY'S ORPHANAGE
            Child Care

DETAILS OF ORPHAN:

1.Name: Virginia Florence Forsythe

2.Age: 8 years

3. Date of birth: Unknown

Details of parents/guardians

Father Name: (Blank)

Date of death: Unknown. Cause of death: (unknown)

Mother Name: (Blank)

Mother alive? No. If dead give cause: Suicide

        SIGNED BY: (Blank)"

    "Hers is almost completely unknown... why?" I mused.

I put the books away back where they belong, and started to walk back to the dormitory to ask Francis some questions, mostly relating to their mother's death. As I walked upstairs and shut the basement door, I thought I saw someone out of the corner of my eye. Dark hair, pigtails, black skirt, white blou- Virginia?! I was taken aback, since children weren't allowed in the cellar.

"Vir- Virginia?" I nervously asked.

There was no response. When I looked again, she was gone.

I continued walking up the three flights of stairs, fear flooding my veins.

As I was about to reach the dormitory, I saw a figure exiting the room slowly. The figure was dressed in all white, blood drenching his head... but he didn't have one.

"Excuse me sir, but who are you and why are you in this orphanage?"

It looked at me, nonexistent eyes boring into my brain.

"Leave now, and you will be spared," it growled.

"Excuse me?"

But it had already disappeared.

I hesitated opening the door handle for a second.

What did the man mean?

Nevermind that. I walked through the door and was greeted with Francis smiling at me from his bed.

"Hello ma'am!" Francis laughed.

"Hi, Francis, I just came here to ask you a few questions."

A look of fear crossed his face.

"Oh, don't worry! I just wanted to learn a little more about you," I reassured him.

"Alright ma'am, what did you want to ask me?"

We started off easy, with questions like, "what's your favorite color?" (yellow), and, "what's your favorite animal?" (giraffe).

Then I jumped to a touchy subject.

"What happened to your parents?"

A/N  We hope you enjoyed the next chapter of this story! We have much more planned for this story and can't wait to share them with you! Remember to stay hydrated and have a good day, night, or whatever!