Margaret

TW: DEATH

I stand, tending to a child, when I see Virginia come out of her little secluded corner. She does not look okay. That's when she slams a bed into the wall. Chaos ensues. Children and nurses fall under her wrath.

"Virginia!" I yell out in a panic. Virginia stares at me, a furious look in her eyes.  I carefully slip out of the orphanage, not wanting to meet the same fate as the others, and rush home. Then something stops me. People need to know what happened. I hurry to the police station.

"Help! There's a psychotic orphan murdering everybody at Bailey's Orphanage!" I scream at the multiple police officers in the room.

"Ma'am, I need you to calm down. Could you please explain what happened?" The cop pulls out a notepad and pen.

"There is a girl at the orphanage named Virginia Forsythe. She is a complete psycho, stalks me, and is now murdering innocent children and nurses at the orphanage!"

"Alright, we will go and check it out, thank you for the information."

"You're welcome." I turn and walk towards the exit. "I hope you survive," I murmur.

"What was that, ma'am?"

"Oh, nothing."

Next I head to the press conference place, I need to tell people what I experienced and what happened at that orphanage. People deserve to know the truth. Surprisingly, they believe me, and will print my story tomorrow in the paper.

———————————————————————————————————

"Momma!" Evelyn runs at me holding the "a" in momma.

"Hi, sweetheart," I hug her tightly.

"Momma, I can't breathe."

"I'm sorry, sugarpie" I quickly let her go so she can breathe.

"You had a rough day, didn't you?"

"Yeah, but it's alright, how about we go out to the diner?"

"YEAH!" Evelyn runs and trips, putting her shoes and coat on.

______________________________________________

"Goodnight, baby," I tuck Evelyn in and kiss her on the cheek. I walk to my bedroom and put on my sage green nightgown.

The truth will be out tomorrow. I sigh and hope that the police officers made it out alive. I yawn and turn off my lamp. I see something ghostly standing still in the corner of my dimly lit room.

"You're that thing I saw a few months ago! The thing with no head, the thing that told me 'leave now and you will be spared."

"Watch what you're calling a thing, Margaret."

That's the last thing I ever hear.