Part 15

After a few moments to themselves, Bonzy and Audrey followed to the exit that Charlie took with Baby Bendy. The door did close and lock behind them but they found that they weren't interested in going back into Wilson's lab and mansion anyways. Bonzy would be sad to miss the robot nanny's dinner she promised, but there was time for that later.

When the duo finally caught up to Charlie, he was sitting, cross-legged, on the left next to another closed metal door at the end of the winding hallway, with dimmer lights than most of the Gent building. Baby Bendy was sitting on the ground in front of him, tail swaying back and forth as he played with Charlie's fingers, opening and closing them on his own accord to whatever game the little demon was playing. Charlie's head was resting against the wall, facing upwards as he allowed Bendy to do whatever he pleased with his ink fingers.

Surprisingly, Bendy's gloves remained white when he held contact with the inky-skin, Bonzy wondered about that, but only grinned when they approached the two, "Hello boys, are we having a timeout time?" Charlie's eyes cracked open, tracking Bonzy's approach, and said nothing. Bendy, on the other hand, nodded seriously to Bonzy, whistling a tune that sounded like the first few notes of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Bonzy shrugged, "Alrighty then, I suppose we're takin' a break."

"Probably for the best," Audrey agreed, kneeling down next to Bendy with a smile, "how're you holding up little guy?" A thumbs up and a couple of high whistles was the reply. Audrey adjusted Bendy's tie and smoothened out his little pin-striped vest in a strangely motherly way, "that's good."

Bonzy popped a seat next to Charlie, lacing their fingers over their stomach, "How's it go, Charles?" Charlie grumbled something but his eyes locked into Bonzy's fingers. And see, Bonzy hasn't ever seen anyone look at their hands so intently unless the sentiment was to hold their hand so they grinned, "You plannin' on taking me out for dinner?" Eyes widened sharply and Charlie made an off cutt-off sound before coughing. Bonzy smacked him on the back.

"Wh-," Charlie tried before hacking up a lung once more, allowing a few more smacks on the back before he leaned away from Bonzy, hands out, "What're you talking about?" Bonzy shrugged, smile affixed.

"You were staring at my hands with such passion, I assumed-."

"You're shaking," Charlie cut in, eyebrow raised as he finally reached out. His blackened hands took a pause before he continued and grasped Bonzy's fingers. And to be fair... he wasn't wrong. But they had tried to calm it down, in their defense. Bonzy tugged at their wrist a bit, pulling away as they inspected their wobbling fingers. Wasn't breaking down and all that supposed to make you feel better?

Bonzy blew out a breath, "Ah you know Charles, adrenaline is a funny thin-." The hands squeezed Bonzy's and something settled very, very slightly in their chest.

Seems like Charlie wasn't on the bullshit train today.

"Your soul feels spiky and rattled, Bonzy." Oh right, that. They shrugged, pulling their hands away to inspect them. As there wasn't much to say then. Shrugging and deflection worked for Bonzy's bloodline. Just like it did when the hospital asked their parents if Bonzy was their child. Shrug and deflect until it all goes away. Into the dangers of New York at least. "I can't make it go away," Charlie started a little awkwardly, "but if you want....." His hand was held out in an offer and Bonzy stared at it. His words from the vent were at the back of their mind.

" The only reason they like me is because they look for me when they feel scared and I guess being near me makes them feel safer, more secure in their feelings while I feel their fear and desperation." Lonely and misunderstood and the only way to security is to make others feel understood. What a gift to have, it made Bonzy curious about the true nature of Charlie's existence within Joey Drew's Studio.