Psych Evaluation

As Chris stepped out of the evaluation room, he took Darcie's hand and said, "You've got this."

Darcie nodded slowly and sighed. "Thanks for the vote of confidence."

He squeezed her hand. "I'll be right outside, okay? And after we'll pick up Weston and get some lunch."

She nodded and kissed him. "See you soon, Chris."

"Good luck, babe."

Darcie smiled nervously and made her way into the evaluation room.

The psychologist smiled and said, "You were chosen specifically for this mission. How does that make you feel?"

Darcie folded her hands. "Honored. But eveyone was chosen because of their specific skill set. I'll be working closely with Vogel, so I'm excited for that. Maybe I'll learn some German. Better someone who speaks it than the rude green bird." She twirled her ring, wishing her evaluation would be over soon. She already had to worry about flying; the very thought terrified her.

The psychologist noticed her action and the expression on her face and said, "I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Beck."

Darcie nodded. "Thanks."

The blonde stood and left the room as quickly as she was able. She'd never liked psychologists, but respected the profession.

Chris walked up to her and smiled lightly. "Not so bad, huh?"

"You're a liar. It was bad."

"But you still did it. I'm proud of you."

"Now that our tortuous separated isolation is over, what do you say we get our son and have a meal?"

He smiled as he tucked her hair back. "That sounds like a great idea. You think he's forgotten us?"

She gave him a teasing smile. "His mom, never. But maybe his dad."

"Mmm. Then I'll have to remind him how awesome his dad is."

She laughed. "Chris, I doubt he could ever forget you. You talk about space with him all the time and his eyes light up like saucers."

"Yeah, I always love seeing that."

"Me too. My god, I'm starving."

"Let's get our kid and food."

The two interlocked their hands as they walked away.