Chapter 6

"Uhm-hmm. How about my tent?" I thought I squeaked the last word. Oh. For all you double-minded clowns, that was meant to be a test. If she could sacrifice the comfort of her room in exchange for sleeping on the hard ground...with me. Awwwww.

She looked up. I was getting accustomed now to her eyes baring through my soul. Again, not another word, but instead she grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the camping site. I was not in the position to complain! So much for childish tests. Your dealing with a full-grown she-wolf.

I never imagined I would feel claustrophobic in my tent with her in it. She hesitated when she saw there was not a single bedding on sight inside. I know how it feels.

She had no choice but to recline herself on one side of the tent. "Are you comfortable?" I asked. Moron, of course she's not.

"Here." I extended my arm and placed it under her head. She accepted it as if my skinny arm was the last known pillow in the whole universe. I laid down next to her. She turned to face the other side away from me, but moved her body closer to mine. I flexed the arm that supported her head in a way that I was half hugging her and positioned my other arm around her waist, pulling her even closer. Her free arm was on top of my mine, hugging my arm that's hugging her. Our fingers entwined.

For me, it was bliss.

Not until her shoulders started to shake lightly. And tears begin to flow on my arm. But she didn't make any sound. She was crying silently. And it broke my heart. Damn, how it did. Even now while writing this I got real emo. How I could have traded myself for anything just to make her stop hurting like that.

But for reasons unknown, I understood. Maybe she haven't came to telling me the reason yet, but I already understood. For I too, have my own demons. So I did what I could do best given the circumstances. I just held her tightly in my arms, whispering "It's okay" over and over again, kissing the back of her head, stroking her fingers that held on tightly to mine...

Sometimes I get crazy ideas and it was one of them that got me. I took out my phone and headset. I plugged one earpiece to her ear and one to mine. Maybe I was thinking music could make her feel better. I hit the last played music and Adam Levine was whispering to both our ears.

"...and when the daylight comes I'll have to go. But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close. Coz in the daylight we'll be on our own, but tonight I'm gonna hold you so close... oh-woah oh-woah oh oh..." I had no idea Maroon 5 can be so prophetic.

~End of Chapter 6~