Chapter 6

Cole's POV:

It's Wednesday, and like any other weekday, Jollibee is packed with customers. Lunchtime always brings a crowd, especially students. The place fills up quickly, with long lines forming as students eagerly wait for their meals. Jollibee is a favorite—affordable, delicious, and perfect for a student budget, even for those who could easily afford something more expensive.

Most mornings, I'm behind the counter, working as part of the crew, serving breakfast to customers. But come lunchtime, I switch roles. I put on the mascot suit—a job I actually requested from Papa. He was concerned at first, thinking I might be overworking myself, but I reassured him that I could handle it. Now, here I am, dressed as Jollibee, entertaining customers with goofy dances and playful antics.

Oddly enough, I love it. The energy, the smiles—it’s like I can be someone else for a little while, hiding behind the mascot. I don’t have to worry about anything except making people laugh, and I do it gladly. There's something freeing about it.

While making my rounds, I noticed three young women walk into the restaurant. They were striking—dressed in expensive clothes, carrying designer bags, and books that looked like they belonged to university students. They were all around the same height, and their presence drew attention. Heads turned as they made their way in, and I could hear some of the other customers whispering about how beautiful they were.

I’ll admit, they were stunning. Their polished appearance and confident walk made it hard not to notice them. But for me, their arrival spelled trouble. You see, one of the girls in the group always made it a point to tease me, and whenever she did, her two friends were quick to join in.

I braced myself. Behind the mascot, no one could tell, but I knew it was only a matter of time before the teasing would start again. It was all in good fun, but I couldn’t help feeling a little nervous whenever they were around.

It's just my sister and her two friends who have just arrived, the same beautiful young women that everyone is admiring right now. Ang gaganda ng mga mukha pero malalakas mang-asar.

Third person POV:

Aya: Nikoko the Mascot! Entertain me and my friends here naman! Favorite kaya namin yung JollyDance mo!” She teased, barely holding back laughter.

Aya's friends couldn't contain their laughter either; their giggles nearly spill out the door due to their infectious amusement.

The Mascot quickly placed its hands on its waist and just shook its head in playful annoyance at the newcomers. It even facepalmed, which only made the laughter of the newcomers grow even louder.

The girl inside the mascot suit felt embarrassed by the teasing of the newcomers.

Aya: "Stop it, SieSie and Sel! HAHAHA, Baka ang sama na ng tingin ng kapatid ko inside the Mascot!" She scolded while her friends were struggling to catch their breath from laughing so hard.

SieSie: "Kami na naman?! You started it! HAHAHA ikaw kaya laging nang-aasar sa kanya, Ate Aya."

Sel: "HAHAHA you know what, Ate Aya? Since we don't have class anyway, what if you introduce us to the person inside the Mascot." She suggested it to her friend.

Meanwhile, the person inside the Mascot just listened to their conversation as if she wasn't in front of them.

They seemed to care little about where they were talking or who was watching them. They were almost in the middle of the fast-food restaurant, chatting away like there was no one around.