Chapter 7

Cole's POV:

Confusion clouds her expression as her beautiful eyes scan the surroundings while tiptoeing. Cute. Gripping her luxurious bag tightly, she clenches her fist, looking like searching for someone or something.

The same girl has returned, and this time, I am in my uniform. Should I approach her? It's my duty as a crew member, so I should approach her, shouldn't I?

As I grip the mop handle firmly, my hands tremble and sweat as I approach her. Seems like she hasn't noticed me, completely focused in her search.

Walking closer, I immediately caught the enchanting scent from her. I can't help but be captivated by her beauty.

This is the same feeling I experienced when I first saw her at the tavern. She truly blooms, with her flowing hair and bangs gracefully swaying, creating a cinematic scenery.

"Good evening, Ma'am. Welcome to Jollibee! May I help you? Looks like you're looking for something? Or table to dine in perhaps?" I asked confidently, hiding the nervousness and setting aside what happened earlier.

Girl: "Oh, uhm, good evening. I'm just looking for someone." She answered without looking in my direction, still focused on searching.

"May picture ka ba niya or anything that would identify him or her? Baka makatulong ako." And with that, she turned to face me.

At first, I thought I would fully appreciate her beauty when I approached her. But, I saw it even more when our eyes met.

Ang ganda talaga.

We did a short staring contest, wishing to have it longer. Sana meron pa. Next time.

Girl: "Uhm, ano kasi. Pa'no ko ba ito ie-explain." She mumbled as she opened her bag and started searching for something.

Malia's POV:

After having lunch at Jollibee, instead of searching for the person who left the note, I couldn't do it because my father's secretary called immediately, ordering me to his office.

Whenever I receive such calls, I instantly feel anxious, anticipating unpleasant news.

So, rather than continuing the joy I felt earlier, it was abruptly interrupted, replaced by tension and fear about what might happen next.

I drove my own car slowly to calm myself, but the 20-minute drive felt like merely a minute due to the fear coursing through me.

Upon entering the building, the employees, as usual, greeted me with gestures of respect, some even bowing their heads. However, I chose to ignore it, sensing that some were merely putting on a show, perhaps striving to exhibit competence to secure higher positions within the company.

My dad's office was on the 50th floor, and everything felt fast-paced. Maybe I just didn't want to face him. But I had no choice, he still held the upper hand.

I knocked three times before entering his office. I was greeted by the back of his black swivel chair, an immediate display of his powerful presence.

From where I stood, I could see his reflection in the wall-glass of the building. His elbows rested beside him, fingers tapping the other hand. Easily distracted by three large golden rings adorning his left hand.

"Good afternoon, Sir. I was informed you wanted to see me."

Daddy: "We will be having a masquerade party next month as a celebration for locking a deal with a famous company. And I expected you to be there." He said with a cold and deep tone, facing his swivel chair towards me.