13 • ice cream

_______˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚________

   _______˚₊‧꒰ა ໒꒱ ‧₊˚________

  JIWOO'S POV;

"Thanks for the ice cream, Ricky." I smiled at him as I licked my cookies n cream ice cream— cold ice cream soon starting to drip one by one from the bottom of the cone onto my palms. I frowned in disappointment.

He quickly gave me a napkin.

"Thank you, again" I said as I wiped the ice cream off from my hand.

"So many thank you's today? I'm flattered." He said as he took a bite from his chocolate ice cream.

I just chuckled—He suddenly stopped walking and turned to look at me "We should probably sit down somewhere, it's not the best idea to keep walking while holding ice cream."—I nodded my head and followed him to the nearest park to find a bench.

The brown wooden bench was facing this beautiful river which highlighted the beauty of nature.

"It's so pretty..." I mumbled to myself as I sat down.

"Hm?" He asked since he didn't catch what I said— "Ah, I was just admiring this river. look!" I said as I quickly pulled out my phone and took a picture of a family of white swans crossing the river.

I turned around to him and saw him as amazed as I was— and I just smiled as I turned my head back— putting my phone away and admiring the swans in person.

We soon finished eating our ice creams—and we got up to explore the children's park that was near the river.

We arrived at the playground and it brought back so many memories from Busan. I'd always go to a similar playground to this— that was right outside our apartment when I was a kid, with my close friends. Gosh I really missed being 11.

I smiled and quickly ran up to the slides and climbed the ladder. "Jiwoo, are you sure you can fit that children's slide? I mean your as tall as the slide." He questioned me but— I just put a finger on my lip and made a 'shh' noise to quiet him down.

He just sighed— as I went down the slide. "Oh. That wasn't as fun as I imagined." I pouted and got up from the slide.

"What really?! I wonder why." He said while making a sarcastic shocked face— I just groaned and went to the swings. I motioned him to come sit on the swing that was next to me.

He sat down and started swinging slowly. The silence was really loud and we could hear a swarm of birds chirping as they flew west.

The chains started rattling as we swung back and forth.

"Ricky." He quickly turned to me as he picked up his pace on the swing. "What do you do as a class president?" I asked him as I also started picking up my pace on the swing—whilst staring at the clouds in the bright blue sky.