Chapter 4: Late-Night Care

Late into the night, Kieth was sound asleep, sprawled across the couch, his head resting comfortably on Darnell's stomach. The room was filled with the soft murmur of Darnell's and Nene's voice as they casually recounted the details of their recent heist. Both deeply invested in the conversation.

However, the tranquility of the moment was abruptly shattered when Pico returned home, slamming the door shut with a resounding crash. The sudden noise sent Darnell and Nene into a whispered frenzy, their urgent hushes punctuating the room.

"Shh, Pico, don't wake up the baby," Nene cautioned, nodding towards Kieth's slumbering form. Both Darnell and Nene held a deep affection for Kieth, nearly as profound as Pico's love for him. They understood the importance of allowing him to rest peacefully whenever possible.

Pico, his eyes wide with realization, nodded fervently. Carefully, Darnell shifted Kieth from his stomach and into Pico's waiting arms. Kieth stirred slightly but remained in blissful slumber, his trust in Pico unshakable.

With Kieth securely cradled in his arms, Pico tiptoed to the bedroom, taking every precaution not to jostle his sweet baby blue. Gently, he laid Kieth on the bed, ensuring he was comfortable. Kieth's soft snores were the only sound in the room as Pico changed into his pajamas.

Climbing into bed beside Kieth, Pico sighed contentedly, wrapping his arms around him. In this moment, surrounded by the warmth of their shared dreams, the troubles of the outside world faded away. Pico closed his eyes, cuddling closer to Kieth, and then drifted into a peaceful sleep, their love an unspoken promise that would endure through the night and into the dawn of a new day. God, how Pico  adored his sweet baby blue.