Chapter 5

(1 years later)

On the third floor of the Konoha Maximum security prison, three men struggled down the hall passing cage after cage of men who earned a rightful place within the establishment. One a skinny brown haired man dressed in his orange jumpsuit, the other two Uchiha guards pushing him along, struggling the whole way. The prisoner looked absolutely terrified, begging the guards desperately to not force him to go wherever they were taking him. He did everything he could to prevent his movement. Dropping down to the ground, pushing his feet against the rails and indentions of the walls on the way by. The men within their cells that watched him pass by chuckled and threw out words of false encouragement that only increased his fear.

"Oh come on! Please!" he yelled, trying his hardest to push back against the two men. "Kami! Please! I beg you!" his pleas fell on deaf ears as they dragged him away, towards the very last cell that had three empty cells next to it. The man even begged to be put into one of those, but they had their orders and stuck to them, throwing him into the cell and shutting him in. The man quickly got to his feet and ran for the cage, trying to throw it open before the guard locked it. "NO! Please!" he said grabbing onto the bars as they walked away.

Soon, he was left there, left to hear nothing but the chatter of the other prisoners in the distance. He refused to turn around as fear racked his entire body. From behind him, he could hear tapping. Following the advice given to him before he was brought in, he tried not to make a single sound. The shaking of his lip was allowing the smallest of whimpers to escape his mouth. That's what he focused on for the time being.

His heart skipped a beat when he heard a whistle that was clearly intended to get his attention. His mind was ripping itself in half trying to weigh his odds. If he didn't turn around, he'd be disrespecting him, but if he did… well, they had only heard stories. Figuring he'd have to face his fears at some point, he turned around timidly. The cell had the basic layout the rest of them did with a bunk bed off to the right side, a toilet sitting in the back left corner, a sink against the back wall, and a small table and chairs bolted to the floor in the middle.

In the seat facing him, his new red headed cellmate sat, holding a deck of cards that he tapped on the table portentously in rhythms of three. A very intense look in his eye that was directed solely at the skinny man standing in front of him. Stalking him as if he were the most interesting thing to him at that moment. "Hello..." he called out lowly. "Looks like we're cell mates now."

The man tried his hardest to clinch his trembling lip as tight as he could. His hands were held protectively against his chest and his eyes refused to meet the steely gaze of the red head. Forcing himself to reply, he whispered out. "s-… seem like it…" His tone was riddled with so much fear, he berated himself for even trying.

The red head smiled at him. "Hey, would you like to be my friend?"

The council chamber was once again filled to the brim with people that at this point were becoming very annoyed with the case they were discussing, the case of the sentencing of Naruto Namikaze. His enraged family brought the case up every month since their return with new arguments and questions. Minato continued bringing the case to the floor as it was his decision which trials they discussed each time they got together. With their society being a militaristic dictatorship, they could not speak out against his ruling, excluding special cases such as a Shinobi's imprisonment which was the current issue. Sitting in the middle of the room along a table, directly in front of the main council members, was Kushina, Menma, and Mito along with Jiraiya. All there to plead the case or give a testament.

"All I'm saying is that it doesn't make sense." Kushina said pulling out cards that she had written facts about the case on. "I mean, Naruto claimed it was the working of Hundred Transformation Kazan that posed as him. So, why was he not searched for when you received this information?"