Chapter 8

Inoichi stood there with the blade held firmly in his grasp. His face set in a look of remorse for what he was about to do. He looked Naruto in the eye from his spot at the door. His stomach churned seeing the nonchalant look of the redheaded man in white. It was daunting just gazing into those cold blues.

In this moment, he realized things he had never truly noticed before. Such as the way Naruto's ANBU tattoo seems to have been peeled off. Or the way Naruto's eyes never gave away emotion. In his studies, he's learned to tell the motive of someone by the dilation of their pupils. Feelings of happiness, affection, or laughter will cause it to expand... Feelings of anger, hatred, or fear it closes... Not his. His eyes stay fixed in tiny pinpoint dots, unfazed by anything. It was haunting to have those two piercing bullets beaming into your own orbs... *wink*

"Inoichi Yamanaka..." He said with a smile creeping onto his face. "I must say, I am surprised." Inoichi took a timid step forward. No words would come to his mind as he thought up something to say. "To what do I owe this visit?" he asked as if he were oblivious to the kunai and fighting stance.

"I... I came to kill you..." he said, completely out of breath for some reason.

Naruto's smile never changed, and he didn't care to get into a fighting stance. "Kill me?" he asked. "What for?"

"You know why!" Inoichi shouted out. Naruto just raised an eyebrow as if he didn't. "You're trying to... trying to use Ino somehow... I know it."

"Use her?" Naruto asked curiously. "Of course I'm trying to use her." He said, angering the man. "She is my doctor after all... I'm trying to use her to get better and make it out of this deranged... psychotic.. mind of mine." He said spitting that word out in a clear way to mock the man.

Inoichi just adjusted his grip on his kunai, hoping to end this quick.

Naruto chuckled at him. "Inoichi... look, we both know you can't beat me... even without chakra I could kill you." Naruto said. Inoichi wouldn't listen as he slowly began circling the younger man as a lion would, preparing to attack. Naruto sighed and when he did, Inoichi jumped into action.

He charged Naruto with a roundhouse kick that was grabbed effortlessly and held onto with an unbelievable grip. "Ah!" he yelled slashing at the boys arm and jumping back. He didn't have much time to nurse his injury before he was kneed square in the chin and thrown against the wall. Naruto had his forearm in Inoichi's throat with his feet dangling from the ground. The hand with the kunai was pinned to the wall as well.

"You really wanted to kill me huh..." Naruto said, no sign of effort what so ever for him. "Huh... Inoichi, this was such a sad attempt at my life." Inoichi just gurgled, trying to rip the redheads arm from his throat so he could breathe. "Since you are probably going to die here pretty soon... I will give you a small bit of final satisfaction in knowing that you were right. Dr. Yamanaka plays quite the roll in my escape and she has been progressing quite nicely... In fact, I think this right here may be the final key. The last hill to climb before she devotes herself to me.

Inoichi was seeing absolute red at this point and he struggled harder and harder to break free but was having very little effect.

"Once she outlives her usefulness in my escape, I'll most likely allow her to live simply because of her services. But, if she becomes a hindrance such as yourself, she just may have to greet you in the afterlife." He said with a sinister grin. "Hell, since I'm a nice guy, I'll send your wife as well." He said with a laugh until he could hear keys urgently being shoved into his door from the outside. His grin increased as he released his grip on the man. He delivered a very sharp jab to a spot on his throat.

Inoichi began coughing vehemently and he realized he couldn't speak. Naruto seemed to stumble back on his heels, giving him the chance he needed. He pounced on his downed form and held his kunai up with both hands intent on driving it straight through the chest of his target. Faintly, he heard a yell of "Inoichi! Stop!" He paused and looked up to the door to see Ibiki and two of the guards ready to take him. He couldn't speak, but he would not leave this place without ending his life. He brought the kunai up and drove it down as hard as he could. His strike ended when a kunai lodged itself into the center of his forehead.