Chapter 1

I clutch katniss' hand as she moans in pain. Even though I shake, I smile down at Katniss and rub the front side of her wrist. Katniss tightens her grip on my fingers, in response I squeeze back.

Lily is finally cradled in my arms. I smile and gently kiss her forehead. Katniss looks up, "Lily PrimRose Mellark." She says whispering into my ear. "She's beautiful." I say, rocking Lily back and forth attempting to put her to sleep.
I move closer to Katniss and sit next to her on the bed. Katniss reaches out and touches Lily's soft cheek. "Her skin is soft like Prim's." She says deep in her thoughts. Katniss lays her head on my shoulder and we fall asleep with Lily snuggled in my arms.

I wake up to the sound of crying. I get up from the bed and walk down the hallway. following the sound, I enter the waiting room. Katniss sits on a large sofa rocking Lily back and forth. I move closer to her and she looks up. "sorry to wake you." She says. "It's okay." I say, smiling. I gently kiss Katniss' lips over and over. She lets out a laugh and kisses me back. "I love you Peeta." "I love you Katniss." I say back kissing her again on her forehead. "I can't believe I thought I lost you before.... and it's crazy because you were always here."
I suddenly become hot and dizzy. Sweat forms on the back of my neck and I almost loose my balance.
" what's wrong Peeta?" Katniss asks softly. "Nothing... I just need to get some fresh air." I respond. I turn to the door and before I know it I'm running down the hall.