bitter sweet

Tw for the whole chapter: gore,dead animal (crow) healing wounds that re-open, wounds open on purpose,panic attack, panic attack comfort, comfort in general.

Larry pov:

Its been a week of Travis living with me and being my roommate.. it's nice not being called a slur or an insult from him every 5 minutes and him genuinely smiling at me and sal time to time. He still insults us but it's way more mild now, well yes I have to share a room with him because he has no where else to go after his father's arrest..

"Trav, do you know the answer to the sixth question in our history homework?" I ask, trying to get a conversation going while I also didn't understand the homework

"For the last time, read the book idiot, you will know the answer right after reading the first two paragraphs.." was the reply I got from him, it may sound mean but it's a nice way for him to say: 'check out the two paragraphs to find all the info you need' and I know it's obvious but still I like to translate his mean demeanor. It's annoying tho.

"Thanks man." I try to cover up the fact that I felt somewhat insulted by him still not trusting me and calling me names. But he needs his time, for all i know that dude Phillip had to wait four years to even be close enough to be called a school friend.. but I knew him before so I expect him to at least warm up to me faster, even if this won't work out fast it's fully okay to take time, just don't get me wrong but I just want him to trust me..

"Miss Lisa told me that there are some leftovers in the fridge if we are hungry..." he said. Was he starting a conversation? That's a big step.

"She cares for our well being and doesn't trust me cooking so yeah she does that alot-" I cut myself off with laughter at my own remark. It's fun when he actually tried I'm proud of him every time.. he is healing..

Travis Phelps pov:

It seems that Larry is way more relaxed with me.. I do not know how he can be likes that in a week or two... i try to stay nicer to him and his freak friends since I have to share a room with him. Sal visits him time to time and they both try to strike conversations with me but I just don't want to talk to those freaks.

Life got a little strange because I didn't really have to wait for a punishment and a cleansing from my father for any mistake I made which was... nice I guess? I walk over to Larry and give him a note I had in my pocket. It wasn't much really, just me writing something I would not feel comfortable with saying out loud. It was the usual for me to give notes when I wanted to ask for something so he didn't need to look for sings that I want something... The note read 'can we go eat?' Since I was hungry for a while and just now got the currage to even give that note. Pathetic of me...

"Sure thing. Let's see what type of leftovers has mom left in the fridge" was the reply I got.. I never tend to start conversations because why do I need them? To make friends? Yeah right...
After a few minutes Larry got back into the room with two plates full of the lasagna miss Lisa made. I gotta say it's better than the bologna at school. I stare at the plate, I may like the food but there was so much on it.. without any realization I started to scratch my not so we'll healed wounds but stop quickly. It was bad to do so, I learned it the hard way.

"Are you gonna eat or no?" Where the words to bring me back to reality. I took the fork and start to somehwat eat it. It was good don't get me wrong it tasted good like allways but I felt full juts after five bites or so.. we ate in silence and I somehow finish the plate. I was stuffed and I thanked for the food and brought it to the kitchen.

I started to clean my own dish before I felt a hand on my shoulder. I started to panic because I flinched.. hard.. and even after realizing it wasn't father i couldn't calm down.. i was having a stupid panic attack, I became so weak when I started to live with the Johnson's.. I couldn't breathe, or at least normal breaths. They made me feel like drowning...