one step further

Triggers: This is a comfort chapter because we all need it. Also weed
And the red eye demon bc spookue month

Time: still morning from last chapter

Travis pov:

I woke up feeling cold.. like I was left of the sudden warmth I felt when I slept. I rubbed one of my eyes and noticed that the bed was empty...

I carefully exit the room to go look for Larry.. it was odd not to see him. And only a moment passes before I hear a kettle screech that the big baby (Larry) didn't seem to hear since he had headphones in.

I took the headphones from his head after I went to the kitchen to turn the kettle off.

"GoodMorning Mr.dont-hug-me-in-my-sleep" was all that Larry said to me after I snatched his stupid headphones that blasted that stupid metal music..

"The water is going to burn if you don't go check it" was all I said before he scrambled off the couch to the kitchen to see that I turned the kettle off. I laughed at how stupid his reaction was.. he and his stupid mole under his eye...

After that I just sat at the couch waiting for him to come back. He just screamed gibberish sevelar times before asking for what drink do I want.. and I wanted to try something new so I took a note and wrote it out. 'Hot chocolate' was just a taste in my memory.. so I count it as new! Now shush..

I gave him the note and got back to my spot, seeing the stupid cat is back... gizmo took a big liking to me it seems..

The words "Fat cat." Escaped my mouth before I could control if I wanted to say..

"Fat and evil cat" was the only thing Larry added when he got there right after I said that... I felt embarrassed on how I let it slip out...

I take that cat into my arms and sit down. I see the two hot Chocos on the table but I didn't take it.. not yet.. I needed to pet this stupid cat

"I.. I want to go outside... like at least the forest..." I finally blurted out to Larry, still petting gizmo and taking some sips of the hot chocolate he made..

"You sure about that? If you feel pressured to go anywhere you don't wanna you don't gotta.." I was annoyed at this response from Larry because I really wanted to actually go somewhere... yeah the world scares me, but I need to go out to prove I'm no weakling!

"Im sure about it... I miss the outside.. especially the forest because I only used to go there with you when we where little... I want to remember that feeling again.." I hugged my knees after saying that... does this count as a lie? Lying is a sin but i also wish to remember the child hood I barely had... I want to live it with him...

"Well then lets get ready since we are going to a special place just for this moment!" He sounded happy that he gets to got there. "Warning tho, it's gonna have a WAY stronger weed smell then here"

"Got it.." I say in response.. I disliked the smell of the weed he smoked... it brought memories of mother I wished to forget.. I couldn't even remember her face or hair color but I remember she was a heavy smoker...

Time skip: them walking in the forest

We where walking for a bit now, I was starting to see an old tree house, but it seemed to be in a good condition for something as old as it.. it looked like it's a 10 year old mini house that was built with minimal effort but still standing strong.