Chapter 6

I was worried when I realized that all the first-year boys would be getting dressed in one dressing room, the same one I was in before, but to my pleasant surprise it has grown a lot and has more than enough space for me to get dressed into the one-piece magic suit. Now that I know it will protect me from any magic, I feel very protected, Why doesn't everyone just walk around wearing these all the time? On top of our suits was a bracelet I assume helps with the shield spell and a sword hilt similar to the one Mr Ridgewell had in class Everyone was instructed not to activate it until the royale started, but the second a teacher left I saw a boy hold out his arm and another one activate his sword and slowly pass the sword through the arm of the other boy, his arm slumped to his side and the teacher walked back in a blonde haired guy with a large nose.

"Right come forward all those who have stabbed themselves or got someone else to do it." About 8 kids stepped forward and to the teacher, and he handed them a new one-piece one, "Do not do it again, anyone who does it will start the royale with the injury you have inflicted on yourself and do not sabotage or attack anyone else either you will be Disqualified before it even begins, the royale will begin in soon, get ready" and he left leaving an entire large dressing room full of boys silent and becoming increasingly nervous, I took some deep breaths in and the boys who had injured themselves got their friends to help them get their first suit off. Mr. Ridgewell walked in holding a bingo ball spinner filled with small bits of paper.

"Hello boys" Mr Ridgewell shouted, getting everyone's attention instantly, "I'm going to come around and hold out the ball spinner When I get to you put your hand in and pull out one piece of paper and then put it in the small pocket on your right hip this will be your starting position, it will be blank so no point looking at others." When Ridgewell got to Kevin and me, we put our hands in and pulled out our papers and showed each other, They were blank, I slid my hand down my right hip looking for the small pocket and found it then slid the small piece of paper in.

"Now everyone has their piece of paper, stand up and follow me out of the changing rooms and on to the royale, oh And last bit of information, the royale is about to begin, Hold your hilt and do not activate it until you're outside because once you are, the royale begins, follow me" all the boys stood up slowly and walked quietly to the door and out into the entrance of the sports halls, the blonde teacher with a big nose was standing outside the girls changing room and gave Mr. Ridgewell a nod, then we were lead down a corridor and I noticed that the sports hall where I sat in today was to my right and must be going out of the door to where the reveal was. The door that I went through that led to the field wasn't there, it was a silver liquid wall, it's a transmission wall, Now The small piece of paper makes sense we will be put randomly into a spot.

"Remember the plan?" Kevin nudged me and asked.

"I do," I said and gave him a nod before he disappeared through the silver wall, and I followed him through.

I walked through and stumbled over a tree stump I was in a forest, trees all around me blocking out the sunlight apart from the odd rays shining through, A squirrel noticed me and scurried up a tree, Unsure what to do I just decided to walk and listen out for people, friend, or foe.

After at least 10 minutes of hearing nothing, I heard a scream to my left, it's the only thing I had heard for a while, I walked closer to it and peered around a tree and saw Charlotte on the floor, crying, crawling backwards with a second-year boy with a brown mullet standing over her.

"Stand up and fight come on" he shouted.

"Leave me alone" she replied.

"Come on, I thought that posh people were meant to be strong" he kicked dirt at her and that was it, I'm stepping in, I'm all for wanting a fair fight but not picking on someone who doesn't want to fight. I remembered what Mr. Ridgewell said, the sword can go through any part of the body and it won't physically hurt them, but it will stop them if you get their chest or head, I slowly walked forward and and got behind the guy, Charlotte noticed me, and I grinned at her.