Carbyne...

The UPA Mining Research Station of Taurus-Nebula found a material that is presumably twice is strong as the strongest material Originally known as Graphene. That says a LOT considering the sheer tensile strength of Graphene.

Carbyne was useful due to its less density than steel, but it's unimaginable amount of tensile strength and hardness, allowing for anything kinetic, even some Railguns and Coilguns to be shrugged off. This allowed UPA Shipbuilders and Military Contractors to begin using Carbyne...

As a result, Carbyne Factories popped up all over SATO space, as well as mainly the UPA. Since the UPA discovered the wonder metal, the Axis did not have the metal to use against them, creating a MASSIVE disadvantage towards them.

The Tazsci's realized that their "greater technology" didn't help them find the new material... but if they ever said this, their entire ideology would collapse... and thus, the slow downfall of the Tazsci Empire began. Unknowingly, the UPA would inevitably caused the downfall of the Tazsci's.

The UPA President told his people that the new Supermaterial could very easily be ship armor, adding to a resistant way to stop heavy kinetic weaponry in its tracks. As a result, the Second Solar War was on it's way to be won soon... but by who, was still unclear.

The UPA was about to face it's single largest threat since it's inception and the start of the Second Solar War. This major conflict would shape the new nation into a potential Powerhouse for future wars and conflicts.