𝓞𝓵𝓭 𝓕𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓦𝓪𝔂

𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 31

SLAM!

A knife blade rips through the wall. Hits Cole between the neck and shoulder. It was past and quick, if you blink you would have missed it. SCREAMS from everyone at the scene, gasping in shock and denial as their eyes watch Cole fall to the floor, trying to reach for his wound.

While Malcolm and Greta ran for him, their feet leaving haste patters against the wooden floor. Evelyn instead was cheering out. "It's a hit! It's a hit!" Those three words are repeated as she jumps around clapping her hands in excitement.

POUNDING from inside the walls. Something running, but no one could tell if it was getting closer or further. The anxiety of everything that had happened in seconds caused their minds to malfunction for a minute. Greta puts pressure on Cole's wound, her voice scared like a child, "We have to get him help!"

"Jesus... oh Jesus" / "Oh? Is he still alive? That's surprising." Evelyn hums. Her tone had a hint of amusement and maybe disappointment too as she stared at Cole's state with a raised eyebrow, "I don't think there's a point to help him-" But as if Evelyn wasn't there, her words weren't spoken. Malcolm stood up first, he acted first ignoring Evelyn's heated stare at his figure.

Malcolm rushes to the front door, he tries to open it so badly. But it won't budge an inch, "It's locked!" Knowing no point lingering on a task that won't help, he rushes back to the living room. And when he entered, everything hit him. The way Greta was trying her best to stop the blood from flowing. How Cole was gasping for air the best he would.

But Evelyn. She didn't even flinch a second. Didn't react. Nothing. She continues her hums to the eerie music background and each time she glimpses at the scene. A scoff would be let out from her mouth before it was raised into a wicked grin.

She knows something: was in Malcolm's mind.

As the grandfather clock starts ticking. TICK. TICK. TICK.

Evelyn stared at it for a second, before she spoke out, "First act is done! Let's move to the next stage. I'm not getting any younger here." Greta and Malcolm turn to her, and confusion only heightens. But it didn't stop there when the grandfather clock swung open. There was a secret door. Out steps a very large man.

He's wearing one of Malcolm's shirts that have been stolen. A knife in one hand that had been smeared in blood, a crucial murder weapon. A cricket bat in the other. It's BRAHMS. The real one. A child-like mask that resembles the doll, despite his age. Tall, taller even than Mr. Heelshire. He has to stoop to get through the passageway and into the living room.

He takes two light-as-a-doll steps. His feet were wrapped in dirty rags. He's pale, impossibly - painfully - pale. With sores and scratches covering his arms and chest. Looks from face to face. A drop of blood falls from his knife.

"Who..." / "Brahms." Greta and Malcolm couldn't comprehend a sentence.

"... Evie," In a child-like, high, soft voice. Malcolm moves slowly away as Brahms walks over to them. Like you would when faced with a bear. He doesn't take his eyes off Brahms as the huge figure walks between him and Greta. A straight line to Evelyn.

In a whisper, "Greta. Get up." Malcolm was smarter than he looked, Evelyn would give him that. She had a cheeky glim in her eyes as she made direct eye contact with Malcolm. Not once batting away even when Brahms got all close to her personal space, wanting her eyes on him instead.

Greta however, couldn't move. "It can't be..." This wasn't the Brahms she envisions. Her Brahms is a nice, misjudgmental, and affection-craving child. Her brain was refusing everything. Like a mother who won't accept that their child has grown up badly. Let alone, stabbed someone!

"Up. Now!" Malcolm grabs Greta under the arms. Lifts her roughly— "What is that thing?! Who is that?!" Cole screamed the best he could, his breathing slowing by the second and his vision becoming weak with more blood he was losing.

"Right, we should introduce each other." Evelyn smiled, a little giggle was let out when Brahms went to huddle his face against her cheek. "It won't be fun not knowing who you are playing with."

The scene before them was definitely something. Evelyn has her hips dip to one side. One side of her upper lips was higher so you could see her teeth. Her aura is all innocent and childish, like a child's excitement before the start of a game. But appearance-wise was a contrast. Everything everyone had taught about her came crashing down. She had a head raised to stare down at them as if they were her next meal.

Brahms had his back to them as he nuzzled his head between Evelyn's neck. With one arm wrapped around her waist, he looked less intimidating when he first appeared. Had to crouch low to be at her height but there was something that sent chills down everyone's face. The way he looked over his shoulder, face concealed with a mask but a dead eye staring into them as if warning them to play along.

"Greta, Malcolm, Cole. Meet, Brahms." Evelyn raises a finger under Brahms's chin, forcing him to look at her, "Brahms Heelshire, your seeker in this game." She notion for Brahms to introduce himself or a reaction. The man gave a subtle nod, eyes locked into her like the loyal dog he was.

"And we're going to play a game of hide and seek. Old fashion way."